LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Fault - Normal only - 2006 LR3

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 09:50 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Fault - Normal only - 2006 LR3

I have this light on and can't figure out why it won't go off. It doesn't always come on right after starting. I am able to raise and lower the LR3, but after a few minutes the light will come on and it will lower to the normal height. Any ideas? I thought it may be related to the battery, so I replaced the battery (but having problems there as well.)

Any suggestions are appreciated before I head to the dealer.

Thanks...

Old 04-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Mudding

If you're still under warranty, I'd take it in.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:44 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any news on this one? My 06 LR3 just started doing the same thing. I haven't had a chance to poke around much, but when I turn the car on I can hear the compressor going for a couple of minutes. When the compressor shuts off the the light comes on with the message that I can only drive at normal height. If I change the height before the light comes on the suspension works fine.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:02 PM
4wd High
Default Suspension Fault

I have a 2006 LR3. Suspension fault light comes on intermittently. Veh raises itself w/o input from me and rocks back and forth when stopped at traffic lights. Veh seems to have a mind of its own.

When in access height, veh sometimes returns to normal height on its own. Very strange.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by dmccoig
Any news on this one? My 06 LR3 just started doing the same thing. I haven't had a chance to poke around much, but when I turn the car on I can hear the compressor going for a couple of minutes. When the compressor shuts off the the light comes on with the message that I can only drive at normal height. If I change the height before the light comes on the suspension works fine.
sounds like the compressor is going out and might need to be replaced. if you are still under warranty it shouldn't be a problem, if it isn't under warranty it could be a little spendy to have it done. i wouldn't mess around with raising and lowering it at this point, just leave it at its normal height until you get it checked out.

The following users liked this post:
Douglas Connolly (11-20-2019)
Old 05-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

dpm and dmccoig you guys are looking at a compressor, possibly a reservoir valve block too, the compressor is getting too hot, usually because the desicant dryer in the compressor blows out and causes the valves to stick, makes the comp work harder and over heat. javcol, youre the lucky one here, you just need a height sensor, as long as the wiring to it is ok, theyre pretty cheap, but the vehicle should be calibrated once its on to make sure its sitting level, which only the dealer or a specialty lr shop can do for you

Old 05-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

also strongly recommend an alignment is done with the calibration, as the ride height may change slightly, sure you already know tires are nothin to play with on these cars

Old 05-19-2010, 06:16 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

get the codes read and diagnosed before doing anything. You will waste lots of money on these vehicles. Its the only way to get anything fixed on these cars if a light comes on.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:57 AM
4wd Low

Thanks for the insight. I had found a bulletin from Land Rover that points to the same issue with the compressor. So I guess its off to the shop!

Thanks again

Old 06-22-2010, 12:54 PM
4wd Low

Update. I finally got my machine to the dealership and it turned out to be a sticking valve in the compressor. They were able just to change that part out on the compressor and some computer updates and all is well. It only cost me $340.00!

The following users liked this post:
Douglas Connolly (11-20-2019)

Quick Reply: Suspension Fault - Normal only - 2006 LR3