LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Fault - Normal only - 2006 LR3

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 09:07 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

Woo hoo! You're welcome; glad I/we could help...

Old 01-12-2016, 07:41 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New compressor... new battery... still coming on

So... I have changed the compressor and during this I had to cut the 10mm air tube and make an extension as it was welded on. I got the new compressor from Amazon in the US shipped to Canada. It seems to work fine but always wants to shut off like it's not getting enough power. If I sit in park and press the gas the compressor keeps running and I can get to full height. I thought that must be a battery issue so I just replaced the battery this morning and I still have the same issue. It runs for 5 or 10 seconds then shuts off and the warning comes on... if I press the gas after starting the truck the compressor stays on...
It doesn't lower when shut off and parked and seems to be staying in the raised height. I have the Johnson rods with 32" tires so I have to have it raise to normal mode or it will rub....

So for review
New compressor
New battery
Compressor runs when apply pressure to gas pedal when in park

Suggestions?

My raise and lower toggle switch hasn't worked for a while but the dealer said you only have to change that if you want to manually raise and lower the vehicle.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Camel Trophy

Is this for real? You have Johnson Rods, larger tires and you don't have a functioning EAS height switch? GET IT FIXED!

How do you attempt to raise it, sans switch?

Get that $hit fixed, then let us know how you fare.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:32 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by houm_wa
Is this for real? You have Johnson Rods, larger tires and you don't have a functioning EAS height switch? GET IT FIXED!

How do you attempt to raise it, sans switch?

Get that $hit fixed, then let us know how you fare.

It raises to normal height on its own without the switch so with the rods it's high enough to do everything. When we raise it by using one of the off road features it just stays up until we go over a certain speed. There is no use lowering the beast so the switch isn't really useful for the $500 repair.

Anyone know how to fix that raise/lower toggle switch?

Other then that the new battery got a good charge and seems to be helping because it ran at normal height all afternoon and last night.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:19 AM
Camel Trophy

I see how you get it to raise using the Terrain Response....and the speed restriction. I am not sure I follow the "raises to normal height on its own" part. Why would it do that? Upon start up? Or do you mean when you drive off from whatever lowered position it's in and hit the speed threshold?

At the end of the day, you're using work-arounds because your system is broken. The switch is an important piece of that. How to fix it? Get a new part and R&R it.