LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire and emergency equipment failure question!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire and emergency equipment failure question!!!!

First question...
I have general grabber at2 at 255/55/18 and I have noticed increased amount of wear on both tires on the right side... I'm just wondering what would have caused this, and how should I rotate the tires... Also what tire pressure should I have it set for city roads. I have it set at the standard psi and for some odd reason the tires look under inflated, could it be because it's a a/t tire...??

Second... I was in the process of taking the wheel off so I could take a closer look at the wear on the tires, when the wrench that came in the Landrover emergency kit (u know the things that come with all landrovers to replace a flat tire) BROKE!!!! I was the WTF!? The wrench snapped off where the bolt was supposed to go in!!!
Should I argue with Landrover and some how get a free one... Because I think a wrench is not supposed to break... Espically if it's ment for emergency...

Old 09-16-2010, 07:00 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#1. I would rotate your tires in an x (left front to right rear an viceversa and right front to left rear an vice versa). If the right side still wears uneven you have a bushing or some thing bad on that side.

#2. I definatly would be going back to LR getting a new wrench but I would be carrying something different like a craftsman breaker bar with the right sized socket. If the LR3 wrenches are anything like the discovery's there junk.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:14 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Broke my stock lugnut wrench as well. I think it takes a 22mm socket, went down to my local pawn shop and picked up a craftsman 1/2" socket wrench, correct size socket and a 2" extension for $10. Rock solid now.