LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Pressure Warning Light Flickering & Intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 03:21 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Warning Light Flickering & Intermittent

07' LR3 SE 4.4 v8

Yesterday my tire pressure light showed up when I was pulling into the inlaws. The RR tire was down to 35psi so I filled it up. I then turned on the car drove it and the light was still on. So I checked all the tire and got 32 in the front and 42 in the rear. I then preceded to drive 80 miles home, with the warning light flickering on and off randomly and staying on for a while then staying off for a while, but not acting like a warning light should(ie. either on or off). When I went out later the light stayed off, but today when my wife drove she said it is back on.

Any thoughts?

Old 09-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you check the spare - I forget completely that it too has a TPMS....

Old 09-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Generally when the light turns on and off at random, and is not occomponied by a message, such as 'check all tire pressure' it is the TPMS ECU failing.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave, when I had a series of the random alerts I was getting the "check all tire pressure" message - which seemed odd that all the tires would be off especially as this happened when they were warm. Does TPMS warn of over pressure too ? Maybe coincidence checking my spare "cured" it...

Old 10-01-2013, 05:31 PM
4wd Low

I am sorry I forgot to mention but the message was coming on as well. Does that change anything?

Old 10-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Pro Wrench

These do not warn for over inflation.

Usually when it has a message, you're looking at either the system working properly, and having low pressures, or possibly a bad sensor.

You would need it hooked up to see which sensor is going out.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:25 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by roverguy7
These do not warn for over inflation.

Usually when it has a message, you're looking at either the system working properly, and having low pressures, or possibly a bad sensor.

You would need it hooked up to see which sensor is going out.
How do I check the individual sensors? What do I "hook it up to?" I have the intermittent warning as well, but my tire pressure is always fine. It is likely a sensor, but I would rather replace one and not all 4.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Pro Wrench

General rule of thumb is to replace all four, as what usually fails is the internal battery, which is the same age on all the sensors(unless previously replaced)

By 'hook up' I mean with diagnostic equipment capable of reading medium speed CAN bus(not a generic scanner you can get at the parts store) Also, 'checking' each sensor can only be done with specialized equipment that would cost more then even a few sets of new sensors.

It would either be a trip to a LR shop for diagnosis, to a good tire shop(not all with have tools to read individual sensors), or pick up 4 new ones and hope that it is nothing but a sensor issue(almost definitely is, other issues would either have no message, or a system fault message instead of pressure message)

You can get aftermarket ones online, or purchase from a tire shop for less then you would pay at the dealer. Just make sure they are 315Mhz, and sensor in stem style.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:39 PM
8th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to bump an old thread, but is there any way to just disable the tire pressure light? I know when my tires are filled up or not... I don't need this dumb warning light on and was wondering if there is a way to disable it perhaps via removing a fuse or something?

The following users liked this post:
TripleF_67 (01-27-2024)
Old 11-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I think some market had low trim level D3 that did not have tpms, so it MIGHT be possible to disable via editing the CCF. But I don't know for sure.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Warning Light Flickering & Intermittent