LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission “fixed” but now I’ve lost sport and manual mode

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 04:41 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you remove the plug before you tried to push the sleeve in further? I’m pretty sure that the latch on the mechatronic itself will prevent the sleeve from moving any further once it’s latched.

Old 11-19-2019, 04:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn't mess with the sleeve after the first install, just the plug and the tightener.

Old 11-19-2019, 05:00 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by gervin23
I didn't mess with the sleeve after the first install, just the plug and the tightener.
Does your sport mode work at all?

Old 11-19-2019, 06:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 75 Likes on 70 Posts

Thinking in the sense of dot every "i"...you follow the fill procedure correctly? Could be low on fluid if not

Old 11-19-2019, 06:36 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sport mode works as does downshift (-). Only thing not working is upshift (+) in manual mode.

I'm pretty sure I did everything right. One thing I didn't do was apply gasket sealer like the AB video suggests and now I have a small leak in the back of the pan.

Old 11-19-2019, 06:56 PM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 03evan
I’m not 100% sure what you’re asking.
Initial post said that you replaced the solenoids. In order to replace them, you have to remove the black plastic frame that plugs into the solenoids. That black plastic frame is the Transmission Control Module (TCM). On the side of the TCM is a position switch (tan or brown) and engages the manual valve and moves in conjunction with the shift cable.
When putting the TCM back on, did you properly align the sensor with the shift valve?

Old 11-19-2019, 07:29 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by LR Techniker
Initial post said that you replaced the solenoids. In order to replace them, you have to remove the black plastic frame that plugs into the solenoids. That black plastic frame is the Transmission Control Module (TCM). On the side of the TCM is a position switch (tan or brown) and engages the manual valve and moves in conjunction with the shift cable.
When putting the TCM back on, did you properly align the sensor with the shift valve?
ah. Yes. That was triple checked before I put everything back together!

Old 11-19-2019, 07:31 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Blackngold77
Thinking in the sense of dot every "i"...you follow the fill procedure correctly? Could be low on fluid if not
My issue appears to be electrical. My vehicle isn’t even recognizing that I’m in M/S mode. The shifter illuminates m/s, but the TCM live data states that the vehicle is in drive and specifically states that m/s is not selected.

Old 11-19-2019, 08:41 PM
Mudding
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LR Techniker
I believe this is what Techniker was referring to. That is why I asked if the PRN message was displaying correctly in the message window. If this isn't installed correctly, I found that message for the gear indicator was off to what the actual shifter position was. Don't ask how I found this out... BTW, I did not attempt to drive it or move the shifter to the command mode so I don't know how this may/may not affect your situation.

Old 11-19-2019, 08:53 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 5280LR3
I believe this is what Techniker was referring to. That is why I asked if the PRN message was displaying correctly in the message window. If this isn't installed correctly, I found that message for the gear indicator was off to what the actual shifter position was. Don't ask how I found this out... BTW, I did not attempt to drive it or move the shifter to the command mode so I don't know how this may/may not affect your situation.
Yeah... I made that mistake on my 06 RR. Both the dash, center console, and my scan tool read the proper gear until I shift to m/s. Then everything pretends like I didn’t do anything except the m/s lights.

Quick Reply: Transmission “fixed” but now I’ve lost sport and manual mode