LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your LR3 today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2023, 10:17 PM
Kee
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice! I bought this thing:
Amazon Amazon
It plugs into the aux port and I plugged it into a cigarette / USB thing that's right by it. Definitely more expensive but also works like a charm!
​​​​​​​I am using that same dongle, and second your "works like a charm" comment!

Last edited by Kee; 09-26-2023 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Add quote from post replied to
The following users liked this post:
MaineLR3 (09-27-2023)
Old 10-05-2023, 11:42 AM
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just got one

I traded my dirt bike for an LR3. The guy said it’s needs new head gaskets. Upon further inspection it looks like the thermostat housing is cracked but the head gasket is fine. Pretty excited about that. It has the airbags replaced with some kind of coil spring conversion and I’m not sure how I feel about that. Am I lucky for not having to deal with the airbag issues? Is it worth trying to go back to airbags? Not really sure

Ronmilam (10-06-2023)
Old 10-05-2023, 04:00 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 221 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by O_Drizzle
I traded my dirt bike for an LR3. The guy said it’s needs new head gaskets. Upon further inspection it looks like the thermostat housing is cracked but the head gasket is fine. Pretty excited about that. It has the airbags replaced with some kind of coil spring conversion and I’m not sure how I feel about that. Am I lucky for not having to deal with the airbag issues? Is it worth trying to go back to airbags? Not really sure
I would definitely convert it back to air as it is what makes these vehicles so good. Hopefully they left all the lines,valve blocks and compressor in place.

Ronmilam (10-06-2023)
Old 10-05-2023, 05:00 PM
Pro Wrench

Changed my 7" head unit for another android 10" unit, this one has wireless android auto and bluetooth 5.0.

Old 10-06-2023, 12:01 PM
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by loanrangie
I would definitely convert it back to air as it is what makes these vehicles so good. Hopefully they left all the lines,valve blocks and compressor in place.
thanks for the input. I imagine it’s still decent with coils but I also have a discovery 2 and I wanted something a little more road oriented.

Old 10-06-2023, 05:52 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by O_Drizzle
thanks for the input. I imagine it’s still decent with coils but I also have a discovery 2 and I wanted something a little more road oriented.
Wont get a better ride than on air.

Ronmilam (10-07-2023)
Old 10-08-2023, 09:15 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 460 Likes on 411 Posts

The air suspension is for sure superior to the coil conversion; however, I'm not sure it's worth it to convert back to EAS (Electronic Air Suspension) if it's already been made into a coiler.

Old 10-08-2023, 09:20 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 744 Likes on 624 Posts

Today I took my front valve block apart... once again. I never did flush my air lines when I put in my new Arnott AMK style compressor. And a month after doing so I had issues up front and had to rebuild the valve block. Has some white powder that we all know about. Well today I took it apart assuming it was fouled yet again but shockingly it was 100% clean. Not a hint of any white residue. That at least made me feel good knowing the system was clean now of desiccant debris. But then I realized I had to have a leaking strut, and I do. So at 206,000 miles it is time to swap em out. Fortunately at $460 shipped form the UK for OEM they dont break the bank. Hopefully they came this week and I can swap em before the weekend. Did my front end rebuild not too long ago, so all the bolts should be easy to remove. I am looking forward to what should be an improved ride quality.

Old 10-08-2023, 09:25 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 460 Likes on 411 Posts

First time replacing the struts??? ....at 206k? If so, that is really good! Half of that mileage is more typical.

Old 10-10-2023, 11:03 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
Today I took my front valve block apart... once again. I never did flush my air lines when I put in my new Arnott AMK style compressor. And a month after doing so I had issues up front and had to rebuild the valve block. Has some white powder that we all know about. Well today I took it apart assuming it was fouled yet again but shockingly it was 100% clean. Not a hint of any white residue. That at least made me feel good knowing the system was clean now of desiccant debris. But then I realized I had to have a leaking strut, and I do. So at 206,000 miles it is time to swap em out. Fortunately at $460 shipped form the UK for OEM they dont break the bank. Hopefully they came this week and I can swap em before the weekend. Did my front end rebuild not too long ago, so all the bolts should be easy to remove. I am looking forward to what should be an improved ride quality.

Looks like i'll be following suit, had a leaking drier cap so bought the alloy replacement which has helped and also got a valve block kit at the same time. Still got a leak somewhere as it drops overnight, time for some leak testing and diagnostics.
My struts are getting tired so will replace the fronts soon.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LR3 today?