LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's you favorite/most useful modification or gadget you installed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 07:15 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 130 Likes on 119 Posts

maybe the bluetooth to aux module hidden between the seat and console

and

the switch for the 20A F26 fuse that controls EAS. Makes working under the vehicle a little safer. Always use stands of course...

Old 09-20-2016, 11:49 AM
Winching
Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by MrWesson
I removed the old AUX module, cut the flap thing, and installed there.

Going back I would have installed it so that I could shut the flap but I was in a hurry.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That looks super complicated for just adding bluetooth.

$9.99. Pug and play. Works like a charm. Yes, it remains plugged into the AUX port in the rear, but I never see it there.

Old 09-20-2016, 01:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 130 Likes on 119 Posts

I will say RE: the bluetooth modules I am really wanting one that has skip/play/pause etc buttons on the module, and then tacking it under the drivers seat so I can easily pause/skip songs.

Otherwise sometimes you're really tempted to look at your phone and try to press tiny buttons on the screen to change songs. At least on my phone the skip buttons are TINY. Some tactile feedback would really be cool.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:39 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 145 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Clock on the Dash and 3 Flash

The newer 3's already have the clock readout in the middle "window" but my 2005 did not. A software upgrade using my BlackBox enabled the Clock on the Dash.

I also got the red headlights on function as a freebee with the clock on the dash upgrade.

There is also another software update that provides the 3 flash signal lights feature as the early 3s did not have that.

If you have a Gap IID Tool, you can update all, as with the BlackBox.

I also have the 2121 D4 Bluetooth module installed to replace the 0000 dealer installed Bluetooth of the 2005 era; hence the Bluetooth on my BlackBerry works well. My wife hotspots off the BB for her iPad Mini with great success as well.

All the above in combination with Nav on the Move and now with the 2015 Nav Disc update makes my 3 feel pretty up to date.

Probably the best comfort option was the installation of the clear Infra Red blocking film, (IR not UV), on the two front side windows and the front and middle seat sun roof glass. It really keeps the heat out and your arm does not get cooked when the sun is low in the sky - kind of the way it always is up here north of 50 degrees latitude. I just wish I could film the windscreen.

Last edited by bbyer; 09-22-2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason: added clarification re Infra Red, not Ultra Violet
Old 09-24-2016, 09:17 AM
Mudding
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by djkronik57
That looks super complicated for just adding bluetooth.

$9.99. Pug and play. Works like a charm. Yes, it remains plugged into the AUX port in the rear, but I never see it there.
Mine auto connects everytime I enter the car and opens spotify when I push a button on the receiver and starts playing.. Also its always on vs those stupid battery ones.

I hate messing with my phone in the car.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2,297 Likes on 1,688 Posts

It's a mod some people wouldn't do, but I deleted the brake pad wear sensors. I honestly have no need for those sensors. I always check brake pad thickness at every oil change. Now I don't have to ever worry about messing with those delicate and $$ sensors ever again.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:00 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Best4x4
It's a mod some people wouldn't do, but I deleted the brake pad wear sensors. I honestly have no need for those sensors. I always check brake pad thickness at every oil change. Now I don't have to ever worry about messing with those delicate and $$ sensors ever again.
X2 doesn't hurt that its super easy to do.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:58 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 145 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Is LR the only vehicle with brake pad wear sensors?

Originally Posted by Best4x4
I do not think GM, Ford or Chrysler has brake pad wear sensors on their vehicles. My wife's' 1.8T 4Motion Passat does not have them either.

Does any vehicle other than LR have the wear sensors?

I gather the sensors are some sort of Euro spec thing for I gather high performance vehicles - kind of goes with the brand new rotors at every pad change recommendation.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:26 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by bbyer
I do not think GM, Ford or Chrysler has brake pad wear sensors on their vehicles. My wife's' 1.8T 4Motion Passat does not have them either.

Does any vehicle other than LR have the wear sensors?

I gather the sensors are some sort of Euro spec thing for I gather high performance vehicles - kind of goes with the brand new rotors at every pad change recommendation.
My BMW 328i does but my Newer Hyundai Genesis doesn't(the nicer car).

The BMW sensors aren't a wear item though they have lasted 71,000 miles.