LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do I find the Nav DVD on a 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharge?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 05:53 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where do I find the Nav DVD on a 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharge?

I just bought a 2008 Range Rover Sport SuperCharge looking to find out what the current version and where the DVD is located. The manual says that the Nav DVD player is located in the rear trunk but I cannot find it, Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Alwezl8

Old 12-31-2014, 08:44 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

There is a DVD player under the driver's seat that runs the Nav System. If you have a nav disc, is will be in the DVD player. If you have an entertainment system, that DVD player will be in the rear on the passenger side. Good luck. Phil

The following users liked this post:
alwezl8 (01-01-2015)
Old 01-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 145 Likes on 127 Posts
Default under drivers seat or behind side panel in boot area

The jpg is a rear view of the Nav DVD unit located under the drivers seat on my LR3. Per the post above, the unit is either located per the LR3 or behind a trap door on the passenger side black panel in the rear area of your Sport.

If there are any tricks to removal of the DVD if located under the seat, it makes it easier if you raise the seat to maximum height and move the seat full back to the rear.

To my knowledge, the newest available DVD is about 2011.

LR3 - 2007 - Land Rover - North America Map Update DVD Version 2011-2012 -

Attached Thumbnails Where do I find the Nav DVD on a 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharge?-nav-dvd-rear-view-connectors.jpg  
alwezl8 (01-01-2015)
Old 01-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by bbyer
The jpg is a rear view of the Nav DVD unit located under the drivers seat on my LR3. Per the post above, the unit is either located per the LR3 or behind a trap door on the passenger side black panel in the rear area of your Sport.

If there are any tricks to removal of the DVD if located under the seat, it makes it easier if you raise the seat to maximum height and move the seat full back to the rear.

To my knowledge, the newest available DVD is about 2011.

LR3 - 2007 - Land Rover - North America Map Update DVD Version 2011-2012 -
I have looked everywhere and raised both front seats and looking from behind the seat, it looks like there is a device that resembles a DVD player but there is a black plastic cover blocking the device and no way to remove the black cover. There is nothing in the trunk of the vehicle either. I have attached pictures of the trunk and the cover under the passenger seat. The Picture on the left is underneath the passenger seat and the one on the right is the driver side rear trunk view

Attached Thumbnails Where do I find the Nav DVD on a 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharge?-20150101_165302.jpg   Where do I find the Nav DVD on a 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharge?-20150101_165331.jpg  

Last edited by alwezl8; 01-01-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Pro Wrench
Default Left hand drive vehicle?

I assume you have a left hand drive vehicle - that is the steering wheel is on the left side?

On the LR3, under the passenger side seat, (right side), is located the Harman Kardon amplifier; on the left side is the Nav computer / DVD unit.

In other words, there is something located under each front seat.

The reason I say to lift the seat full height is that to access the slot in the DVD mechanism, one is supposed to removed a plastic cover along the front of the drivers seat to access the slot.

On the LR3 however, one can access the slot just by raising the seat to full height as the plastic cover at the front of the seat is hard to unsnap/remove.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albu..._Operation.pdf

DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - NAV Radio BlueTooth phone and Rosen DVD

You can also see the DVD unit under the left drivers seat from the second row of seats if the first row is powered fully forward but you cannot change the DVD from the rear, only from the front side. That jpg of mine in the previous post was taken from the second row of seats.

alwezl8 (01-01-2015)
Old 01-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Overlanding

I assume you have a left hand drive vehicle - that is the steering wheel is on the left side?

On the LR3, under the passenger side seat, (right side), is located the Harman Kardon amplifier; on the left side is the Nav computer / DVD unit.

In other words, there is something located under each front seat.

The reason I say to lift the seat full height is that to access the slot in the DVD mechanism, one is supposed to removed a plastic cover along the front of the drivers seat to access the slot.

On the LR3 however, one can access the slot just by raising the seat to full height as the plastic cover at the front of the seat is hard to unsnap/remove.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albu..._Operation.pdf

DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - NAV Radio BlueTooth phone and Rosen DVD

You can also see the DVD unit under the left drivers seat from the second row of seats if the first row is powered fully forward but you cannot change the DVD from the rear, only from the front side. That jpg of mine in the previous post was taken from the second row of seats.
You are 100% on point on everything as I was able to see both devices on the front seats. How do I remove the plastic cover on the front driver seat without breaking it. Is it removable? I was afraid to try to remove it without breaking it. I raised the seat as high as possible but still unable to access the eject button. Any ideas on how to remove the plastic cover?

Old 01-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Baja
Received 227 Likes on 197 Posts

Cover is held with spring clips pull real hard on the black cover If same as on lr3

Old 01-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Pro Wrench
Default Skirt is really stuck on there.

Tom is correct re the LR3; you have to pull really hard and we presume the Sport is the same, maybe even worse.

There are clips on each end of the cover. As such, do not pull from the middle but instead pull first on one end and then the other end.

You have to pull really hard but pull in a steady manner - jerking is not the best way - well it might be but ....

You might try rocking top to bottom at each end - that may help and then alternate ends. You will eventually get a bit of movement - it is a patience thing and maybe get a flashlight just to better see what is going on.

I find illumination just makes any task go better.

I expect the seats sit a bit lower in the Sport than they do in the 3, hence the problem being that you have to remove the front of the seat skirt/cover to get access.

Re the jpg and the second row of seats, the fact the cables are covered is just another example that proves that Range Rovers have more class than Land Rovers. M'lady would most certainly be offended by the sight of the exposed cables in a 3.

alwezl8 (01-01-2015)
Old 01-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Overlanding

Tom is correct re the LR3; you have to pull really hard and we presume the Sport is the same, maybe even worse.

There are clips on each end of the cover. As such, do not pull from the middle but instead pull first on one end and then the other end.

You have to pull really hard but pull in a steady manner - jerking is not the best way - well it might be but ....

You might try rocking top to bottom at each end - that may help and then alternate ends. You will eventually get a bit of movement - it is a patience thing and maybe get a flashlight just to better see what is going on.

I find illumination just makes any task go better.

I expect the seats sit a bit lower in the Sport than they do in the 3, hence the problem being that you have to remove the front of the seat skirt/cover to get access.

Re the jpg and the second row of seats, the fact the cables are covered is just another example that proves that Range Rovers have more class than Land Rovers. M'lady would most certainly be offended by the sight of the exposed cables in a 3.
You guys are the best and glad to have found this forum. I was able to pull real hard as instructed and the plastic cover came off but when I unlocked the DVD and pressed eject, the DVD did not come out as there is a metal piece blocking the DVD from ejecting. See attached photos lol. I guess they make it so hard to get to that you cannot mess or break the DVD player lol. My challenge now is how to get the disc out to find out what version I have and where to get the latest update. I really appreciate everyone's response and it has been a great help. Just one more step to go

Attached Thumbnails Where do I find the Nav DVD on a 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharge?-img_20150101_185910.jpg   Where do I find the Nav DVD on a 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharge?-img_20150101_185919.jpg   Where do I find the Nav DVD on a 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharge?-img_20150101_185927.jpg  
Old 01-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Pro Wrench
Default the seat tips also

Are you certain that you have the seat mechanism raised to full height?

The seat also tips backward as well.

It looks to me that the seat is about a low as it could be and that metal piece blocking the DVD slot is part of the seat construction and should move/lift out of the way.

Also maybe you now have to run the seat full forward.

There is a way to determine what CD is in there via what I call the "secret buttons" on the face of the NAV but all that will give you is the CD version and you will still have to at some time physically remove the CD.

I think you have made a lot of progress in the last hour or so; now it is just a case of moving the seat around until the slot clears the seat mechanism channels.

Also you might consider putting a battery charger on your battery. All this fooling about draws the battery down, (power seats, door lights, nav system), so a weak battery and removing the DVD and then reinserting it could fuss up the computers and then you will have more problems.

A Land Rover is neither easy to work on, nor is it forgiving.

It regards all drivers as mere chauffeurs and the owners are deemed to be landed gentry. The boffins who service them, well, that is why they are called boffins.

alwezl8 (01-01-2015)

Quick Reply: Where do I find the Nav DVD on a 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharge?