LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wraparound brush bar or A Protection bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wraparound brush bar or A Protection bar

Which is better for protection? The wraparound brush bar or the A Protection Bar? The wraparound brush bar is about $300 cheaper, seems a little more durable for offroad..any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Wraparound brush bar or A Protection bar

Wrap around brush bar or Bull bar is the choice of serious off roaders. It offers more protection. The A bar is the choice of the people who want some protection but still want the LR3 to look "preety". Once you put on the bull bar you commit to a serious off road look, loose the proximity sensors up front and have to consider if it retains front end collision air bag deployability (I do not know if it does or not).

Old 02-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Three Wheeling

That's a good point. I wonder if it does affect the bag deployment..anyone know for sure? Are they hard to install, or is it recommended to have the dealer install it.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the look of the wrap around Brush Bar. Had it installed 3 years ago when I got the LR3. It has actually saved my front end many times, as it is lower than the stuff under the engine, and I sometimes bump rocks with it to see if I have clearance.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6612/65CD9D10713B4D37BE38BC8510AC8CC3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-28-2008, 06:41 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wrap around for off road no question will be better. The A bar is dorkey. I feal the only thing that should be on the front is the ARB Bull bar it finishes where the factory left off and is the onlything that is worthy to be on the LR3 but it is pricy.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Now we tahkin' like a pro!!!!I recently joined the NCLR club here in norcal and we have an outing this Saturday March 1st at Hollister. I can't wait to see what the other LR3's look like with mods and stuff like the Bull bars. I know the Mod bug is going to bite me at some point. I'm just waiting for it!!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Three Wheeling

thanks for the input..i think i will go with the bull bar! seems to be the more popular choice.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Three Wheeling

I have seen, in ads, where they state whether or not it has been tested for air bag compatibility.
Something to keep in eye out for when you go shopping.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Three Wheeling

Does anyone know of anywhere to find the brushbar at a reasonable price? I was going to buy it through Rover Connection, but they just jacked their price up almost $200 dollars..it was $385 a week ago, and now they have it listed for $525! I was also possibly going to get an expedition rack, they had it for $850, but now it is $1150..

Old 03-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Three Wheeling

the landrover bars are mounted directly to your front crash bar wich gives in and impact and will not affect air bag deployment it is somewhat of a bolt on kit you just have to drill a couple of holes and remove the front bumper not to bad and if your going to add factory lights your going to need to take it to the dealership as they have to be programmed into the Central Junction Box and also if you have front parking aid they have to be disabled so you'll loose your pdc. for the front only rear are still active

Quick Reply: Wraparound brush bar or A Protection bar