LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 LR4 audio control module

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 04:44 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 LR4 audio control module

Greetings to the forum, I hope someone out there can be of help!
I bought my daughter a 2012 LR4 HSE Lux in July 2017. It has been a great truck, she really loves to drive it. I liked it so much I also bought an LR4 Landmark Edition in September. I guess we are now an LR family.
In spite of our fondness for the vehicles, we now have a problem - her radio does not work. More specifically, according to our local dealer, her 'Audio Control Module" needs to be replaced. They quoted us a price of $3300 to do the work which is a little less than 10% of the price that we paid for the truck.
I looked up the part number (LR 040663) and found a part that looks like a radio/cd player. This is different from the description of the part and problem that sounded more like a computer control module with multiple inputs, etc that go to the touchscreen, back up camera, etc.
I tried doing a hard reset to no avail.
Is "Audio Control Module" LR speak for "radio" or am I looking at the wrong part? Is there a trick or other thoughts I should be aware of?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 03-13-2018, 07:59 PM
Geo
Rock Crawling
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I found this on eBay....same part number. Looks like a module.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-to-15-La...hZ~IJj&vxp=mtr

Old 03-13-2018, 08:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

You need to be really sure you are replacing the right part. Otherwise it's a lot of wasted $ and time

There is an audio control module. See this link for an example. That's a very different part

http://partslinkent.com/land-rover-l...puter-usb-oem/

The one you highlight above is the radio and CD unit that sits in the center console of the dash.

You should talk to dealer to confirm specifically which part they believe to be the issue and get the part number. The other complication is you have the Lux model which may have a different sound system in it. Not sure. So you will want the right part for the vin.

If you are sure which part it is you should be able to buy a used one from a written off vehicle much much more cheaply than a new part. And they are relatively easy to self install if you are handy. Eg see this video for the radio unit - that's 7 mins into the video. Not sure you have to take everything else out to get to it.

Final note. Some modules are coded to a car and will need the dealer computer to recode them. You should check before you install

Old 03-19-2018, 01:45 PM
2nd Gear
Default Audio Control Module

Interim update:

Thank you for the replies and help!

I have contacted the seller on Ebay, it is the correct part. I texted him several times and was able to verify via the serial number and original vehicle VIN. The seller will also accept a return IF there is a problem.

I called a local car stereo dealer who quoted me a price of between $50-100 to take out and replace the stereo. I usually enjoy a diy challenge and even went so far as to purchase tools necessary to remove interior trim, etc but, at that price, I may leave this one to a pro.

Finally, I contacted the local LR dealer who said they would furnish me with the audio codes.

More when I know more.

Thank you again for the help!

Old 04-07-2020, 11:18 AM
3rd Gear
Default Did that resolve your problem?

Searching away and looks like I have the exact same issue (on the same LR4 and year)... were you able to install and resolve that issue?

Old 04-19-2020, 05:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

did you ever get your audio control unit issue resolved? thanks phil