LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 LR4 parts list for water pump, crossover job?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2024 | 10:14 AM
|
5th Gear
Default 2013 LR4 parts list for water pump, crossover job?

Hi guys,

Excited to join the LR community.

Just picked up a 2013 HD with 88K on the clock. After the 1000 mile drive home from where I bought it, I'm noticing a few drips of dirty coolant right under the passenger side radiator area. That was last night but I haven't got in there yet to see exactly where the leak is.

My assumption is that it might be the front crossover, or possibly the water pump, based on common failure points, although it seems a bit forward of the where the water pump would be. That said, this is a new platform for me so who knows.

At any rate, I want to replace the crossovers and water pump as a preventative measure. Since I'll be having to take the intake off etc, is there a good "while you're in there" parts list for this job?

Thanks in advance!
Eric

Old 03-14-2024 | 04:56 PM
Three Wheeling

use only oe JLR parts for this.
Rear heat manifold [rear crossover]
Front crossover pipe [also should buy spare vent plug in case original breaks]
thermostat and housing
water pump [also source elbow outlet as original is likely to break
OE coolant

That is really all unless you want to replace the hoses while you are in there as well but the hoses seem to be really good long lasting quality pieces.

you may need new intake plenum gaskets but they are synthetic rubber and usually last a long time and can be removed and refitted

I like to use a vacuum coolant filler when done to eliminate the possibility of an trapped air in the system but others do use the air vent valves and numerous heat/cool cycles to bleed it.

If you find a leak near the front under the rad, i would suspect it or the main hoses as crossover leaks usually drip into the V and if bad enough run down the front and back of the engine

Old 03-14-2024 | 05:25 PM
|
5th Gear

Originally Posted by ugmw177
use only oe JLR parts for this.
Rear heat manifold [rear crossover]
Front crossover pipe [also should buy spare vent plug in case original breaks]
thermostat and housing
water pump [also source elbow outlet as original is likely to break
OE coolant

That is really all unless you want to replace the hoses while you are in there as well but the hoses seem to be really good long lasting quality pieces.

you may need new intake plenum gaskets but they are synthetic rubber and usually last a long time and can be removed and refitted

I like to use a vacuum coolant filler when done to eliminate the possibility of an trapped air in the system but others do use the air vent valves and numerous heat/cool cycles to bleed it.

If you find a leak near the front under the rad, i would suspect it or the main hoses as crossover leaks usually drip into the V and if bad enough run down the front and back of the engine
Hey thanks for the reply. I snapped a quick picture at lunch. The leak is coming here from right under the radiator, on the passenger side, as shown where this red arrow is in this picture. I'll have to take the skid plate off and look from underneath to get a good look, but it's basically dripping down the crossmember under the radiator that's in front of the skid plate. Everything in the front of the engine and the skid plate under it look bone dry.

Since the lower radiator hose is on the driver side, I'm now kind of guessing it's the radiator itself. I guess I can add it to the list too.

Old 03-15-2024 | 08:44 AM
Three Wheeling

yep, i would suspect the rad for that leak. If replacing it, the other items are a no brainer while coolant is drained anyhow. Overhaeting a JLR 5.0 v8 will turn it into a boat anchor in about 15 seconds so anything to avoid that is worth the $$ and time

Old 03-22-2024 | 10:54 AM
Drifting

add PVC valves and vacuum pump to this list, and the tubes that go to the oil measurement monitor as well.
https://www.landroverworld.org/threa...g.42151/page-7