LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 LUX, option questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 07:49 PM
Overlanding
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2016 LUX, option questions

Hello

I am looking at buying a 2016 HSE LUX. I have spent about 50 bucks in different “build sheet” and “window sticker” online sources, monroney included, and I am unsure if they are entirely accurate as they have offered conflicting info. Monroney Labels online has this with NO optional equipment.

The VIN comes back as an HSE LUX. It has the LUX seats. It has silver roof rails (Landmark?) and Landmark badging on the rear and both sides. It has black wheels, side vents, and grille, but NOT the black LR4 badging on the rear (Partial “Black Package”?) It also has black lacquer trim inside, unfortunately, because I love that straight grain trim. May consider swapping, the black lacquer just looks like shiny plastic to me, and shows everything. So is this a HSE LUX LANDMARK?

what else can I do to determine what this car actually is, and what options is has. I know LR is known being customizable with a plethora of options, not unlike my other car (Porsche), but I’m really having a tough time pinning down what options this car has. my research shows it seems the final production LR4s were a bit hodgepodged together.

thanks.

Old 07-02-2024, 07:51 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

In the past it was possible to check the build sheet from JLR’s TOPIx service. Not sure if that is still available. All you needed to do was register and then submit your VIN. From memory, if any feature is prefixed with “LESS” it meant that it was not included.

Also, as you rightfully note, the end run vehicles could have whatever on them subject to parts availability at the factory.

Old 07-02-2024, 10:02 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

It's a LANDMARK. All LANDMARK were "HSE LUX" Black trim with leather dash is a dead giveaway. https://www.landroverdarien.com/land-rover-lr4-trims/

Old 07-02-2024, 08:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by RoverMasterTech
It's a LANDMARK. All LANDMARK were "HSE LUX" Black trim with leather dash is a dead giveaway. https://www.landroverdarien.com/land-rover-lr4-trims/
I've got that in mine and it's not a Landmark, I realise the Landmark was only for 2016.

Old 07-05-2024, 08:56 PM
Overlanding

I pulled the trigger. 2016 Landmark, Yulong over Black. Really enjoying it so far.

If you look at the temp gauge, it’s at 1/4. Is this normal? Something’s telling me it should be right in the middle.

The following 2 users liked this post by jp_gervs:
jahummer (07-05-2024), scpt (07-06-2024)
Old 07-05-2024, 09:19 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by jp_gervs
I pulled the trigger. 2016 Landmark, Yulong over Black. Really enjoying it so far.

If you look at the temp gauge, it’s at 1/4. Is this normal? Something’s telling me it should be right in the middle.
Looks to be in the middle to me.

Old 07-05-2024, 09:39 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by jahummer
Looks to be in the middle to me.
if the “C” is 0 and the “H” is 1, my temp gauge reads roughly 1/4. If by middle, you mean in between the “C” and the central hash mark, then yes.

Old 07-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by jp_gervs
if the “C” is 0 and the “H” is 1, my temp gauge reads roughly 1/4. If by middle, you mean in between the “C” and the central hash mark, then yes.

If you're referring to your pic of the cluster, the temp indicator's in the middle where's it's supposed to be.

Old 07-06-2024, 08:01 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have fun! I have the same one but with silver-black wheels.

Sarath.

Old 07-07-2024, 07:17 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by jahummer
If you're referring to your pic of the cluster, the temp indicator's in the middle where's it's supposed to be.
ahh. I figured it out. Sorry. I thought the white solid “bar” was supposed to “fill” like the fuel gauge. And the hash mark was the center line of where’s it’s supposed to be. Now I learned the hash mark is actually the temp. Thanks!

The following users liked this post:
jahummer (07-07-2024)

Quick Reply: 2016 LUX, option questions