LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adaptive Cruise question for LR4 owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 06:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Adaptive Cruise question for LR4 owners

I'm a long time LR3 owner looking to move into an LR4 and I'm trying to figure out the spec I want to shop for. I know I want the HD option (God Bless LR for lowering the spec of US vehicles and making this an option; got to love that move. I'm posted here from the UK, where the low ratio box was always standard). Although I've never had it or used it, I like the sound of adaptive cruise control. A friend has it on his FFRR and thinks it's pretty good, but it's on comparatively few LR4s. I wondered if anyone here has it and could offer any insights as to whether it's a gimmick or whether it's actually worth having. I should add that the vehicle generally does comparatively short distances, but when we travel, we travel far. But that would be perhaps 3 long trips per year.

Very grateful for any insights. TIA.

Old 09-28-2020, 08:56 AM
Rock Crawling

Does anyone here have ACC on their vehicle? Perhaps it wasn't a US option except at the very end of the run? Interesting that there are no observations.

It wasn't an option in the UK (my Disco 3 and 4 experience is from the UK and there are some spec differences between US and UK).

Old 09-28-2020, 01:05 PM
Mudding
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Option on top of HSE LUX according to this: https://www.newcartestdrive.com/revi...and-rover-lr4/

7 such vehicles currently for sale:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...edEntity=d2041

Old 09-28-2020, 02:53 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

We had ACC on our 2013 Lincoln and loved it so much that we wouldn't buy another vehicle without it. It worked only above 20 mph but was wonderful. When it got totalled, we went looking for a 2017+ disco cpo with 3 requirements, ACC, 3 row, not black.... this was such a pain and I was going to have to fly to get one, that we gave up and just bought new... yes really, because of ACC. Not sure on the LR4 of speed range... but our disco5 works to 0mph... i love it even more and I can say our search and purchase was justified... it takes a little getting used to because you are anticipating it braking and even if it brakes when you would, you are holding your breath intil it does... and then you eventually get over it and relax lol.
good luck on your search. I have no idea how hard it will be to find... it wasn't even standard on the hse in 2020... but I would hold out for it on any vehicle I was going to use as a daily driver that sees any traffic at all.

Edit: it was a pain to search inventories for ACC. I quit bothering and just looked at interior pictures that showed the steering wheel and zoomed in to look for the arrows that let you set following distance. Too many people listed them incorrectly... it was part of the drive pro package 2017 to 2019... and part of the drive package in 2020. No idea on LR4s of a reliable way to confirm the option.

Edit 2: 2017 ups all have 2speed/low range transfer cases if you have air suspension... and all 3 rows automattically have air suspension... and all hse, first editions, and landmarks have air suspension... i think you can only get a single speed transfer case in a non air suspension two row SE. Magazine reviews call so much stuff optional that is almost impossible to not get... and so many LR owners have no idea what they actually have... no idea if this helps you in your search... and good luck.

Last edited by TexasLandmark; 09-28-2020 at 03:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
pagoda (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 10:10 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by TexasLandmark
We had ACC on our 2013 Lincoln and loved it so much that we wouldn't buy another vehicle without it. It worked only above 20 mph but was wonderful. When it got totalled, we went looking for a 2017+ disco cpo with 3 requirements, ACC, 3 row, not black.... this was such a pain and I was going to have to fly to get one, that we gave up and just bought new... yes really, because of ACC. Not sure on the LR4 of speed range... but our disco5 works to 0mph... i love it even more and I can say our search and purchase was justified... it takes a little getting used to because you are anticipating it braking and even if it brakes when you would, you are holding your breath intil it does... and then you eventually get over it and relax lol.
good luck on your search. I have no idea how hard it will be to find... it wasn't even standard on the hse in 2020... but I would hold out for it on any vehicle I was going to use as a daily driver that sees any traffic at all.

Edit: it was a pain to search inventories for ACC. I quit bothering and just looked at interior pictures that showed the steering wheel and zoomed in to look for the arrows that let you set following distance. Too many people listed them incorrectly... it was part of the drive pro package 2017 to 2019... and part of the drive package in 2020. No idea on LR4s of a reliable way to confirm the option.

Edit 2: 2017 ups all have 2speed/low range transfer cases if you have air suspension... and all 3 rows automattically have air suspension... and all hse, first editions, and landmarks have air suspension... i think you can only get a single speed transfer case in a non air suspension two row SE. Magazine reviews call so much stuff optional that is almost impossible to not get... and so many LR owners have no idea what they actually have... no idea if this helps you in your search... and good luck.
I appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

I found a nice 2015 HSE Lux in N NY state. 45K miles. Not for me, but may be good for someone. Search autolocators. Has a very high spec (ACC, HD, vision, tow etc). (I have no interest in the vehicle). They also have a 2016 with about 60K. Again, good spec.

Last edited by pagoda; 09-29-2020 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

You find one?

Old 10-12-2020, 09:26 AM
Rock Crawling

I think so! More to follow...!