LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could somebody help

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2022 | 01:42 PM
|
1st Gear
Default Could somebody help

Having a great time with my discovery 4 love it , however something strange has just starting happening 1st stability control turns off 2nd Emergency Brake assist does the same , 3rd HDC not available , 4th Air suspension lowers , will remain like that , won't go back up for safety reasons, switch of the car, re start, goes back to normal , maybe for an hour maybe for 3 days, but eventually does the same thing?

Old 05-04-2022 | 09:10 AM
Rock Crawling

Just had something similar happen to my 2011 LR4 with 162,000 miles. We were an hour into our drive and all of a sudden all of the electronics in the car went dark. The center console screen, A/C, turn signals, you name it; nothing was working. The car still was driving fine. I pulled off the highway to make sure I still had brake lights and to restart to see if it was just needing to reset the car. As I pulled into the gas station parking spot I noticed all the similar things you mentioned below (stability control, emergency brake assist, HDC, etc., etc.) beginning to shut down and throw up warnings on the dash. I shut the car down and tried to restart, but the car kept saying that it couldn't recognize the key (battery was just replaced in the key and has been working as it should). After several attempts to restart, jump with cables, disconnect the battery and pull fuses I finally had to have it towed to an indy shop. They are going to look at it today. I can let you know what they find as it sounds we may have similar situations.

Old 05-04-2022 | 09:15 PM
Rock Crawling

@Martin LD4 I think the first thing you need to do is run a scanner and look for codes. There are several things that can cause this behavior, so if you have any codes, it might help track it down. I’ve seen reports of these same symptoms attributed to a variety of components: weak battery, brake pedal switch, parking brake module, steering angle sensor, wheel speed sensors, height sensors. The most recent report with symptoms very similar to yours (which was on this forum I believe) seemed to be a loose connection at the steering wheel sensor and not the sensor itself. I’ll try to find that thread.

Old 05-04-2022 | 09:17 PM
Rock Crawling

This is the thread I mentioned above: https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr...08/#post822190. No telling if that will be your problem or not, but worth checking.