LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Land Rover LR4 Landmark...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 06:05 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Exclamation Land Rover LR4 Landmark...

Is there a marketing brochure or a link anywhere on here which outlines what the Landmark Edition offers?

Old 08-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Rock Crawling

Found a pretty detailed guide to buying an LR4 but sadly no real detail on the LM package.

http://jalopnik.com/land-rover-lr4-t...ide-1749736152

Old 08-12-2017, 07:43 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the factory brochure for 2016 they describe the LandMark package on page 5 though 10 including photos. In the create your own section starting on page 41 the options/choices are listed.
My 16 LR4 LM is without a doubt the best truck I have owned for our lifestyle. We had just purchased a 16 Sport HST when we saw the LR. Now the HST sits covered in the garage hardly ever used, just two road trips, less the 7k miles. Great truck but just don't fit us like the LR.
Will sell/trade it for a new Disco when they work out the bugs next year?. Never let go of our LR4 and hope the Disco will be as good.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:04 AM
Rock Crawling

What exactly about it do you love so much?

Old 08-12-2017, 08:27 AM
4wd Low

We travel with our dog (lab) often and carry lots of gear. Its comfortable, capable and rides nice. Its my wife's daily driver and she won't give it up. She's had everything fro a Hummer to a Beamer and the LR is hands down the best. The only issue is the rear sun roof shade won't stay latched. My Raptor is too big for her likes. She liked her Caddy but sold it to her mother when she saw the LR and never looked back. Tried to give her the HST and me the LR and got a flat no. Sorry to see them discontinue the LR, especially with the complaints I've read on the new Disco. If they get the problems solved I will get one.
The HST is a super car. I love it, its luxury, speed, handling, etc. but it just doesn't fit our utility lifestyle needs.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:45 AM
Rock Crawling

The only HST I know was on the L322 RR Sport. Is that what you're referring to?
I recently purchased an LR4 Landmark for my wife after a very long search for one with the right options and ultra low mileage. Had to live without the heavy duty package but that is the only option not on it. Small loss compared to everything else being there.

I sold her LR3 a short while back because the market for these old LR3/LR4 with the v8 is bonkers and people are paying good money for them. I had no idea it was going to take me so long to find an LR4 replacement and finally decided to give in and consider the SCV6 powered ones to widen the search parameters to cast a wider net for better results. In any event, what she loves about these vehicles is the open cavernous interior. She is prone to car sickness and the large windows, tall roof line and stadium seating put her at ease and there is ample room for cargo in a well appointed interior... The interior is not as nice as in our RR products or other SUV we have own but for the price point and what the vehicle was designed for it is a very well done interior overall.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:59 AM
4wd Low

Its a 2016 Sport HST. Limited production. I am told they built only 800. 400 left hand drive and 400 right. Allegedly so they could qualify for some cross country race in Africa or someplace. I was told they won it and thats the advertisement car they show ripping across the desert. They are supposed to be as rare as hens teeth. I don't know how much of that is BS but the car is super fast and really nice.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Rock Crawling

Nice. I wasn't aware of an HST model in the L494... I thought the "fastest" offering was the SVR then the SCV8.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:03 AM
4wd Low

I don't know about it (the HST) being the fastest, or any of the other claims but it sure is nice. That being said the LR 4 LM is by far the best vehicle for our lifestyle. I am not sure about the new Disco. It has more features than the LR but it doesn't seem as comfortable especially in the back (2nd row) seats. They are lower and your knees bend back more according to my wife. That combined with new model glinches and complaints keeps me from trading for one. If they had a new LR 4 LM I would jump on it.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:56 AM
4wd Low

Just took another trip in the LR4, 3 adults and dog (Lab). Explored Fla. panhandle beaches and parks. LR preformed flawlessly and carried us and all our gear comfortably. Some of the places we went to fish had me concerned due to not having a winch but I had no problems. The LR is definitely the best for our family.
As a side note the HST is for sale on the Sport site classifieds.

Quick Reply: Land Rover LR4 Landmark...