LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR4 Multiple Codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2023, 07:11 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation LR4 Multiple Codes

First Post Here - I have a 2014 LR4 with 101,000 miles. I am the second owner following a grandmother who had it maintained at the dealership for the first 7 years of it's life. I have also taken to the same dealer for scheduled maintenance.

This weekend, I was driving and the LR started to loose power, but kept going. I could not tell if it was a mechanical problem or engine related. I was 1 mile from home (literally). I babied her home. It would rev in Neutral without issue, but under load it would shudder. I had it towed to the dealership as it would not crank back up so I could not plug in my tool for the codes. I got a call from the dealer stating they found these codes and "recommend start with all new injectors and spark plugs, then recheck." They quote $11k for those two items.

History: I replaced a PCV valve a year ago, the accessory battery is low according to the code I pulled last week.

Here are the codes the dealer provided. p1315-00, p00c6-00, p228f-85, p053f-23, p0191-64, p0300-00, p0301-00, p0302-00, p2237-02

The LR is at the dealership and I am considering having it towed here to diagnose more myself. I can't justify "starting" at $11k to see where that goes. Where would you start?

Old 07-24-2023, 01:11 PM
4wd Low

Any update on this? I had the same issue and was quoted about $13K for a ton of things that "needed" to be done including Nitrogen in the tires. I'm not a mechanic, but I'm pretty sure that's not why it's not running. Anyway, they were guessing and ended up replacing both front and rear fuel pumps for about $6K. I was fine with that since sometimes it's impossible to figure out, but just be honest about it. Instead, Land Rover Hinsdale IL told me that they all went out at the same time. Then when I picked up the truck, I found out they had scratched the entire passenger side, front to back. According to them I brought it in that way. Fantastic. I'll never go back there again and make sure I tell everyone the same.

Old 07-24-2023, 05:42 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Nikko
Any update on this? I had the same issue and was quoted about $13K for a ton of things that "needed" to be done including Nitrogen in the tires. I'm not a mechanic, but I'm pretty sure that's not why it's not running. Anyway, they were guessing and ended up replacing both front and rear fuel pumps for about $6K. I was fine with that since sometimes it's impossible to figure out, but just be honest about it. Instead, Land Rover Hinsdale IL told me that they all went out at the same time. Then when I picked up the truck, I found out they had scratched the entire passenger side, front to back. According to them I brought it in that way. Fantastic. I'll never go back there again and make sure I tell everyone the same.
I ended up having the LR dealership replace all spark plugs. It was time and negated the diagnosis fee, add the discount coupon and I came out ahead. As for the issue and codes. I had the LR4 towed to an LR mechanic. They did further diagnosis and determined that only 2 fuel injectors were faulty. He replaced them, required an oil change, replaced the PCV valve(not related but needed). He did all this for $2k. Runs like a top, as they say. Dealership wanted $11k for plugs and 6 injectors. They would not do further diagnosis only stated that they ran the codes and this was the recommended path to begin.