LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing voice command button?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2024 | 11:19 PM
|
2nd Gear
Default Missing voice command button?

Hi All-

i just purchased a 2016 LR4 HSE and read through the manual and my steering wheel has a “mute audio” button on the steering wheel where it seems a “listen for voice commands” button should be. Anyone else ever seen this? I was able to pair my iPhone and can push the button on my phone for Siri and get the voice system to respond…..but the entire point of a voice command system is to be able to keep both hands on the wheel while making a call….LOL. What am I missing here? First pic is my LR4 second pic is a stock photo from LR.

Old 06-13-2024 | 05:15 AM
guy
Winching

@Carrie V , Welcome to the forum.

The voice command system fitted to Land Rovers and Jaguars is to manage the features of the vehicle, not the phone.
This being said, there is a vehicle feature to manage the phone which includes, dial phone numbers, which I use often.
Or have I misread your ask?

Are you certain that your vehicle is fitted with voice command?
Cheers!

Old 06-13-2024 | 09:05 AM
|
2nd Gear

I found my answer late last night. Half way through making the 2016 LR4 they started making what people on these boards refer to as a 2016 and a 1/2 (2016.5) LR4. In the later half of the year they swapped out the voice command button on the steering wheel for the mute audio button. No idea why. There is still a voice control in the car, but the only way for me to access the system to get it to listen to a command (e.g. “navigation- McDonalds”) is through Siri once my phone is connected via Bluetooth. Sooooo odd! My original manual apparently had a piece of paper stapled into it that explained this change, but that slip of paper was no longer there when I got the car yesterday so I was going off the manual, which clearly shows a voice command button.

Last edited by Carrie V; 06-13-2024 at 09:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
guy (06-16-2024)
Old 06-21-2024 | 02:55 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by Carrie V
I found my answer late last night. Half way through making the 2016 LR4 they started making what people on these boards refer to as a 2016 and a 1/2 (2016.5) LR4. In the later half of the year they swapped out the voice command button on the steering wheel for the mute audio button. No idea why. There is still a voice control in the car, but the only way for me to access the system to get it to listen to a command (e.g. “navigation- McDonalds”) is through Siri once my phone is connected via Bluetooth. Sooooo odd! My original manual apparently had a piece of paper stapled into it that explained this change, but that slip of paper was no longer there when I got the car yesterday so I was going off the manual, which clearly shows a voice command button.
I think the 2016.5 LR's ("Silver" and "Landmark" editions) were runout models before ending production. I believe they ran out of voice control modules and didn't commission another supplier batch.