LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd 4x4 behavior

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2023 | 11:47 PM
|
Drifting
Default Odd 4x4 behavior

I tried to pull a pretty stuck Jeep out of a hole today. Used a 12ft tow rope. General mode, low range, traction control off, took up the slack of the rope, gave it full throttle and the LR just sat there at 1500RPM humming away not even spinning a wheel? So I tried sand mode, same thing, no spinning wheels. Put it back into high range, the suspension then thought I was stuck on something and raised me up to extended lol. Quickly gave up on this, drove around the back and pulled him out from the other direction. I had to ****** it out a bit at a time, without busting my tow rope, but finally got it out. Was this LR just adverse to pulling out a Jeep? Goes in and out of Low range ok, transmission drives normally, not a single fault code. Wondering if I have enough transmission fluid in the system. It was like the DSC was stopping wheel spin by killing the power even thought it was turned off. Kind of made me laugh as it sounded like a Subaru with a CVT trying to scale an obstacle. Thoughts?