LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1707-77 Transfer case neutral indicator hard fault?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2023 | 04:17 PM
|
6th Gear
Default P1707-77 Transfer case neutral indicator hard fault?

Hi new to this forum and To a Discovery 4 HSE.

So I got this fault code.

Engine starts but as soon as I try to put the car in D och R or even neutral the gear i try to put on the rotary switch will blink and i get faulty transmission.

Could anyone pls try to help me?

The following 2 users liked this post by superantew:
Aessarl (01-06-2024), TONY In Idaho (01-14-2024)
Old 03-11-2023 | 10:48 PM
Rock Crawling

Manual suggests problem with the emergency park release (under the cup holders) or a problem with the transmission control module. Might also check your brake pedal switch to make sure it’s working - that can cause some problems with shifting as well.

Old 03-12-2023 | 03:43 AM
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by jlglr4
Manual suggests problem with the emergency park release (under the cup holders) or a problem with the transmission control module. Might also check your brake pedal switch to make sure it’s working - that can cause some problems with shifting as well.

Ok, Thx for reply and support.

I have the Fault code P1707-77 and not 72.

I'm pretty sure the brake pedal works cause I can't start the car without using the brake pedal. Or am I wrong?

I will test the emergency brake release although i can use the parking brake on and off and it sounds like it's working correctly!

is there a neutral sensor/switch on the transfer case?

​​​​​​Transfer case, they do mean the actual transfer case and not automatic gearbox i hope?

Happy to se a forum thats alive and helpful!

The following users liked this post:
Aessarl (01-06-2024)
Old 03-12-2023 | 11:11 AM
Rock Crawling

Clipped the wrong code section, but the comments are substantially the same for both codes. Couple of things: (1) The comment does not refer to the emergency brake release. It is referring to the emergency park release. This is used in the event the car cannot be taken out of park by the normal method (shifter) and needs to be towed. You can use the emergency park release under the cup holder to release the car from park so it can be rolled. If the lever is popped up, or if the car had been towed or transported by a car carrier recently, that release is a prime suspect. Otherwise, probably something else. (2) I believe the park/neutral indication circuit is referring to the transmission rather than the high/low transfer case, as it is referring to the transmission control module as potentially faulty. But, I believe similar problems have also has been traced to a faulty shift control module in some cases. See this link: https://www.landroverworld.org/threa...k.44524/page-2. (3) I’m not sure being able to start the car rules out the brake pedal switch. I definitely see the logic, but I seem to recall posts in this or other forums where the brake pedal switch was the culprit yet the posters were able to start the car. Wish I could remember the prior situations more clearly. There might be multiple sensors or sensor levels (e.g., brake might have to be showing certain pressure before allowing gear change, but not so much to start the car in park).

Aessarl (01-06-2024)
Old 03-12-2023 | 06:06 PM
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by jlglr4
Clipped the wrong code section, but the comments are substantially the same for both codes. Couple of things: (1) The comment does not refer to the emergency brake release. It is referring to the emergency park release. This is used in the event the car cannot be taken out of park by the normal method (shifter) and needs to be towed. You can use the emergency park release under the cup holder to release the car from park so it can be rolled. If the lever is popped up, or if the car had been towed or transported by a car carrier recently, that release is a prime suspect. Otherwise, probably something else. (2) I believe the park/neutral indication circuit is referring to the transmission rather than the high/low transfer case, as it is referring to the transmission control module as potentially faulty. But, I believe similar problems have also has been traced to a faulty shift control module in some cases. See this link: https://www.landroverworld.org/threa...k.44524/page-2. (3) I’m not sure being able to start the car rules out the brake pedal switch. I definitely see the logic, but I seem to recall posts in this or other forums where the brake pedal switch was the culprit yet the posters were able to start the car. Wish I could remember the prior situations more clearly. There might be multiple sensors or sensor levels (e.g., brake might have to be showing certain pressure before allowing gear change, but not so much to start the car in park).

Yes, SOLVED I opened up under the cup holder and pulled the Emergency Lever.

Works Perfectly after that,

dunno what might be the cause of this ? Any opinoins?

And How du u get the ahold of the fault code Descriptions?

guy (03-14-2023)
Old 12-25-2023 | 01:33 PM
2nd Gear

Good day

Have a Range Rover transmission, error “P1707-72”,

Have the same problem with my 2018, Range Rover Velar have replaced the body valve and gear **** selector but gears are still not engaging.

Did you manage to resolve this issue? What was the problem and what did you replace for the gears to start engaging again?

Thanks

Old 12-25-2023 | 01:34 PM
2nd Gear
Default transmission, error “P1707-72”,

Good day

Have a Range Rover transmission, error “P1707-72”,

Have the same problem with my 2018, Range Rover Velar have replaced the body valve and gear **** selector but gears are still not engaging.

Did you manage to resolve this issue? What was the problem and what did you replace for the gears to start engaging again?

Thanks

Old 06-29-2024 | 09:40 AM
Default P07DF-07 And P1707-77 is the one I have on my Range Rover sport

Range Rover sport 2019

So I got this fault codes.

Engine starts but as soon as I try to put the car in D och R or even neutral the gear i try to put on the rotary switch will blink and i get faulty transmission.