LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passive keyless entry locking issues.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 08:55 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passive keyless entry locking issues.

I have a 2011 lr4 with passive keyless entry and lock. I believe I am having an issue with the system when it comes to locking the car. I have been having issues with the central locks and getting a double beep when locking. I had a bad rear door latch that would not always lock so I replaced that and thought it would fix the problem, but the issue still persists ( just less frequently now)
When using the buttons on the door handles to lock the car I randomly will get a double beep and the car will not even try to lock the doors. Again this problem is I intermittent and no obvious issues with any latches or any fault codes stored for the locks.
What I have come to realize is that when the problem is happening I can use the key fob lock button to lock the door no problem. What I think might be happening is the car thinks the key is still inside the car and will not let it lock to prevent me from locking my key in the car?

Old 11-12-2020, 06:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Have you checked the hood catch? Not sure whether there was a fix for LR4s but the LR3 has a known issue with the hood open sensor that would prevent the car from being locked and would also occasionally trigger the alarm. If the LR4 is the same I'd look there (it's an easy fix). If there are any other circumstances that seem to be associated with the problem (e.g. rain, putting it though a car wash, etc) it would reinforce the need to eliminate that as a fault in the first instance.

What fault code reader are you using?

Old 11-12-2020, 09:50 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have iid and have been looking at live values for the door and hood Information, but have not had much luck. I really think the problem is with the proximity key as the car will lock just fine when using the fob button which makes me believe it is not a problem with the car seeing something open. Also I have found if I get out of the car, close the doors and wait about 10 seconds it will lock with the handle button everytime. Today the problem got really bad and did it basically everytime I tired to lock the door using the handle. I have come across a few threads of people with the same issue(mostly jags) and nothing really definitive on a fix for it.

Old 11-13-2020, 06:46 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts