LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

signature led lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 11:17 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default signature led lighting

pls i have the 2010 lr4. i will like to know how to turn on the signature led head lighting?

Old 01-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Mudding

It depends on which model LR4 you have. The signature lighting was only available on a few versions.

The best way to test to see if you have it is to turn on the accessory lighting while the vehicle is running. That is one turn to the right (from the off position). Get out and look at the headlights.

Based on 2011, it looks like the signature lighting is available on HSE and HSE LUX models. For 2010, it would most likely be the HSE, HSE PLUS, LUX and LUX PLUS models with the LED signature lighting.

Rgds,

Old 01-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 196 Likes on 112 Posts

Yes, if you don't have the Lux version you do not have the LED "signature lighting" for the 2010 model. The HSE didn't come with it - lame I know. Only the 2011 standard HSE (non-Lux) has them.

Also, even though it "looks" like the LEDs are in the headlight, they are only dummy plugs. There is no hardware to them and you cannot get the dealership to modify them. If you remove the headlight housings (very easy, see manual) you can take one of the caps off and flashlight inside to prove this correct.

I had contacted LRNA (North America) about this and they said the only way to get them to work, is to buy NEW 2011 HSE light housings (expect to pay about 900 for them, no including labor/reprogramming) and the dealership will program them to work once installed.

I was going to do this, but all-and-all, the truck is still awesome without them and honestly, they do look a little too odd on a Land Rover considering what it was made to do. But yeah, it'd be nice to also have them because you can turn them off if you want.

PS - If you do switch them out and eat the cost, you can always sell the old ones on eBay for a decent price (at least $500 for both, if not a little more) and only really lose about $400-to-$500 total on the entire cycle/job.

Last edited by Count Laszlo; 01-10-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Rock Crawling

Oh, one more note. Personally, the Philips halogen bulbs included (if you have halogen's not Xenon/HID) are a little weak IMO. I replaced the H11 low-beam and fogs with 55w H11 Philips Crystal Vision Ultras and the high-beams with 55w H7 Philips X-treme Power (they do not make this bulb for H11.)

The replacement was the best money I have ever spent!!! The road is so nicely lit, just amazing and so safe. The Crystal Vision Ultra bulbs are new from the EU (still very hard to get, see eBay), made in Germany of course, and have won a lot of awards. They are so bright (DOT approved) and beautiful that I cannot personally see the difference between these halogens and the VERY expensive Xenon/HIDs.

And although Philips describes them as blue/white light, they are only blue/white from a beam perspective, not blue if you look at them from outside the truck, which is great, because they don't look cheesy like you see on modded Hondas running PIAA extreme white. Also, the H7 high-beam X-tremes are nice, but a little yellow, but since they are high-beams, it's okay, as they all work together very nicely. And another tid-bit, is that the EU has banned the "blue-Xenons" of yesterday because they have mercury in them and hard to dispose of, so if you notice, all new BMW for instance, there Xenons/HIDs are on the pure white light side, not that odd-blue/purple look you once saw on the road that was so popular a few years ago.

I HIGHLY recommend this upgrade.

Philips Crystal Vision Ultra - H11 (low beam and fogs) Part 12362 (the 12362 S2 are North American versions) and the 12362 are the European version

Last edited by Count Laszlo; 01-10-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:47 PM
1st Gear

Count Laszlo,
Did you ever go through with switching out your 2010 headlamp assembly for the 2011 with the signature LEDs? I have a 2010 LR4 HSE Plus and think it would be a cool accent on the front end of the LR4.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by KevinK
Count Laszlo,
Did you ever go through with switching out your 2010 headlamp assembly for the 2011 with the signature LEDs? I have a 2010 LR4 HSE Plus and think it would be a cool accent on the front end of the LR4.
Hey Kevin,

I was about to pull the trigger on a new set of lamps but changed my mind after I installed front and rear guards. The front guards wrap around where the LEDs would be and I figured if the LEDs were on it would reflect off the guards and look too busy and distract from the guards in general which I think look bad ***. I'm attaching pics of the guards I installed.

http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=20265

Are you going to upgrade? It's really not too expensive considering you can still sell the replaced lamps on eBay for a pretty good sum. I think when all is said and done you'd be out of about $600 dollars for the entire job.

But, I'd say investing in the guards first would outweigh the LED looks by far. After I installed the guards I didn't want the LEDs anymore! It might be worth considering. :-)