the *new* Rover Marketplace The one place for your FS, WTB and Free item posts.

Extinct - Nanocom Rental - NOT FOR SALE

For Sale

Miscellaneous

03-30-2022, 08:03 AM | Replies: 7 | Views: 2099
  • Expired
Camel Trophy

• Price
    $55
  • Location Lynchburg, VA, 24502, USA
  • Condition New
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Land Rover Discovery 1999 - 2004
Land Rover LR3 2005 - 2009
Land Rover LR4 2010 - 2016
Land Rover Defender 1997 - 2000
Land Rover Range Rover 1995 - 2002
Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2005 - 2009
Land Rover Range Rover 2010 - 2013
Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2010 - 2013
Description:

I am offering my Nanocom for rental.  I have recently purchased the unit and for the D2 but will be happy to upgrade the unit to any other application requested.  Options in addition to the D2 include:

1. P38 Gems
  2. P39 Bosch
  3. Defender NAS (well, I could order whatever but I am assuming for NA the main interest would NAS)
  4. LR3
  5. RRS 05-09
  6. LR4
  7. RRS 10-13
  8. RR 10-13

I will be getting a web site set up to do this but for now email me directly and I will keep a queue going.  Here is how it will work:

1. Email me you would like to rent the Nanocom.  
  2. I will send you a rental agreement via email needing your signature and return before the unit ships.   Standard equipment rental type stuff where you are liable for loss, damage, and late fees if you return late.
  3. Upon receiving a scanned copy of the signed contract I will send you an invoice in Paypal, cost is as follows
    1. Initial invoice for $659.82 with this breakdown
      1. $550 refundable deposit for the unit
      2. $55 weekly rental
      3. Fedex OneRate shipping of $54.82 total both ways. (sorry, I don't set the shipping rate, Fedex does)
      4. Cost for the weekend rental will be $109.82 assuming your full deposit return.
  4. Upon receiving payment, I will send you Nanocom unit to use for 1 weekend.  Unit will ship on a Monday using FedEx OneRate guaranteed to arrive by Thursday at 4:30 pm.
  5. Upon receiving the package, if you notice any shipping damage at all photograph the outside of the package before opening it and send the photos to me.
  6. You will need to provide video of your final shutdown of the unit upon completion of use and insertion in and sealing of the package, this is for use in any shipping claim if it is damaged by the Fedex guys.  If you can't do this, I don't recommend renting it as you may wind up having your deposit lost if they damage it and you have no proof it was working when placed in the package.
  7. Upon completion of the rental, place  the unit back in its original packaging and drop at your local Fedex ground drop point by the following Monday  - Walgreens, Family Dollar, or Fedex/Kinkos.    You need to get a drop receipt otherwise you will be on the hook for the full cost if the employee at these locations lose it.
  8. If you return it late, the rental cost will be $55/week rate up to a max of $550, at which point you own it, feel free to keep it.  A new week starts every Monday due to the shipping time requirements.  There will be no negotiation on this point, you miss the Monday, you will be charged for the week.
  9. Upon receiving the unit, I will open and test it, once it test ok you will be refunded the $550 deposit minus any late charges.

The unit will come with a film to protect the screen, do not remove this unless you want to buy the unit.  It will also come with a plastic stylus for utilizing the screen and making it easy to touch the correct button.  Do not use anything other than this stylus unless you want to buy the unit.  The unit will come in original packaging inside a corrugated box.  Do not damage either container unless you want me to charge you for replacing it (this will all be in the rental contract).   It will come with a return shipping envelope and label. 

Lastly, the unit will have been verified to be working correctly on my D2 prior to shipment so the hardware will be verified functional.  If you need technical support on the usage of the unit you can find the that located here: https://www.nanocom-diagnostics.com/downloads  If  you are the first user to use a newly installed module (LR4 for example), I will assist with getting the module working if there are issues, but I cannot assist with diagnosing your LR4 issue, I don't have one and have minimal knowledge on them.  Suggest you use the forums for that.  If you need help troubleshooting your D2, lots of knowledge in the D2 forums, suggest you see my previous post.  The rental unit does  NOT include free troubleshooting from me on your specific issue.

Questions can be posted in this thread and I will answer them.

Last edited by Extinct; 07-22-2022 at 10:04 AM. Reply
Old 04-03-2022, 06:54 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Extinct, my only suggestion to you is to get an otterbox. You can attach a label right to it and they are basically indestructible.

Old 04-03-2022, 08:39 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,503 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Really, they make an otterbox for the nanocom? I had no idea...

Old 06-20-2022, 09:34 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you get this up and running? I'd like to rent it for a week

Old 06-21-2022, 08:37 AM
Camel Trophy

Yes, send me an email and I will send out the documents.

Old 06-22-2022, 04:56 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by gheorghe648
Did you get this up and running? I'd like to rent it for a week
Did you send me an email?

Old 10-04-2022, 11:38 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Extinct, I would like to rent your Nanocom for my D2. I tried to send you a pm but it says you are not accepting messages

Old 10-04-2022, 11:59 AM
Mudding
Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Rjcass03
Hey Extinct, I would like to rent your Nanocom for my D2. I tried to send you a pm but it says you are not accepting messages
Try this instead, he takes emails, but not private messages... https://landroverforums.com/forum/se...member&u=50033

The following users liked this post:
Rjcass03 (10-04-2022)