Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

03 Disco head light on my 00 dicso?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 03 Disco head light on my 00 dicso?

Im wanting to swap out my stock 2000 dicso II head light to the newer looking 03/04 head light's anyone done this yet; have any info on how difficult this is,or if at all possible? any info would be great.thanks

Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Couple hours of labor and some triming.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Overlanding

thanks..but dose anyone have any pic's or maby a write up about this project?

Old 04-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Check DWeb they may in the tech section.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:25 PM
3rd Gear
Thumbs up

Its not for the faint of heart...it takes several hours of careful cutting and custom fabrication...also the easiest way to wire the new headlights up is to run an HID kit in them and lose the High Beams all together (don't really need them anyway with the HID kit. Streetwolf and I did it to his L.R. check the forums for his thread...also here are some of the pics from his photobucket of the conversion: http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o...%20Conversion/

You have to custom fab mounts for the headlights...we used the top 2 mounts and the outer side screw mount where it mounts to the fender...there are mounts on the back side of the lights but we didn't use them as they would be very dificult to custom fab up and adjust (getting to them). the top mounts were made from left over metal we cut out. we riveted it to the top and dremeled out notches to let the headlights slide in and out to adjust for left right adjustment....the screw mount at the fender can be adjusted with washers for the up and down... Bottom Line is if your not comfortable with doing custom fabing and wiring, I really would think twice about it.

Last edited by DiscoWebSUCKS; 04-13-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:35 AM
Three Wheeling

If you are good in trimming you can do it in a few hours. Good luck dude. I hope you do it right. Post a pic if you finish it.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Overlanding
Default HID headlights whattt.

i had just bought some HIDs to do my headlight conversion i will post a lot of pics when im all done. but i have a question to anyone who has done the conversions. HOW DO I HOOK MY TURN SIGNALS UP.DO I HAVE TO SPLICE THEM AND REWIRE THEM TO THE NEWER HEADLIGHTS OR JUST PUT THE OLD BULB IN THE NEW LIGHT.can anyone give me some kind of help on this please.

thanks
Dan

Old 04-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Cut and splice. Don't hack up your headlamp trying to stick a bulb in it that is'nt suppose to go there.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Overlanding
Default cut n splice

so i got my headlights infront of me and i see the red and black wires for the smaller bulbs,and blue and black going to the larger bulb.is there anyway you can give me a little more direction on where to cut and splice and where to start i tryed looking at your pictures but i juat seen your HID hook up im good with everything im just not sure how to start and where with the blinkers. can you help me out please

thanks
dan

Old 04-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by EZrover
so i got my headlights infront of me and i see the red and black wires for the smaller bulbs,and blue and black going to the larger bulb.is there anyway you can give me a little more direction on where to cut and splice and where to start i tryed looking at your pictures but i juat seen your HID hook up im good with everything im just not sure how to start and where with the blinkers. can you help me out please

thanks
dan
Dan, I haven't switched the 03 set up but have done the HID's, PM me with your tele number if I can help.

Quick Reply: 03 Disco head light on my 00 dicso?