Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

03 Disco head light on my 00 dicso?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cuting n spliceing

i will send you a PM,with my tele number,will you be able to guide me thru the cutin n spliceing ? im wait on a reply from street wolf see what kind of direction he can give me too.

thanks
Dan

Old 04-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

I could only help you with the HID's, sorry.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Alright, you should have a red, a blue, and two black wires coming off of the headlamp itself, and then a black, and a green/white coming from your trucks harness. Correct?

Take the red and the blue from the headlamp and crimp them into the male or female end of a snap connector...

Then crimp the opposite snap connector onto the green/white wire coming from your harness. This allows you to be able to just pull them apart and plug them back in should you ever need to remove the headlamp.

With the two black wires coming off of the headlamp, crimp them into the male or female end of a snap connector, and then crimp the other end of the snap connector onto the black wire coming from your harness.

Name:  077.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  50.8 KB

Old 04-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Overlanding
Default Thanks alot

almost there with my whole front end so on the headlight where the factory plug is for the right connector. i void that whole connector in general? where do i start off the headlamp from opening the two little wholes where the bulbs are? Your good man i like what you do. Real good help on this website.

thanks alot..Disco mike for your consideration on the HIDS if i have a problum i will contact you no problum.im not sure if i will have a problum with them i havent got my HIDS in the mail yet but it seems pretty easy.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thats right, none of the connectors from the headlamp are going to be used in your conversion.

Name:  Picture2047.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  78.4 KB

Just open up the access hole on the headlamp (Like above) where you can reach the wires, cut them (Leaving yourself enough to work with) and wire them in like I stated above. You will need to route the turn signal wires through the access cap on the headlamp the same way you do with the HID wires.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Overlanding
Default very helpful

thanks i a lot i really appericate everything. okay so i looked at my wires on my harness. the passanger side is as you stated green/white.but the driver side is green/red. is it the same so just hook it up like normally not worrying about a diff?

thanks
Dan

Old 04-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by EZrover
thanks i a lot i really appericate everything. okay so i looked at my wires on my harness. the passanger side is as you stated green/white.but the driver side is green/red. is it the same so just hook it up like normally not worrying about a diff?

thanks
Dan
I figure it's the same.

The side I pictured above with the green/white was indeed the passenger side on my truck as well. So I just assumed the driver side was also green/white.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Overlanding

cool man thanks if i come across any problums ill be sure to give you a shout.

thanks a million
Dan

Old 04-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Overlanding

i cant seem to find any headlight molding for my headlights anywhere i looked all over the place.Where did you get yours from?

thanks
Dan

Old 04-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Sounds good. Let us know how it goes, and post pics.

Quick Reply: 03 Disco head light on my 00 dicso?