Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

disco 2 headlamp conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 02:41 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: disco 2 headlamp conversion

I thought I once saw a headlamp and front bumper(with new fog lights)conversion kit on ebay? Does anyone know if the whole front end can be modified to look like new body style?

Old 01-10-2007, 02:03 AM
2nd Gear

i dont know if you still have the headlights but how much do you want for them. i would love to purchase them are they good for use in the US? Let me know when you can. j.davis@maximumexposuresports.com

Old 01-10-2007, 02:17 AM
2nd Gear

i know its been a while but i am looking to convert my 2000 disco II to the 03 headlights can i get the instructions if you have them

Old 01-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Drifting

hey willie, what did the entire buildout cost you? and where did you get the parts from? Did it require a new hood or just the headlights and grille? Thanks man.

Chris

Old 01-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Rock Crawling

It cost about $600 for everything to do the swap. The lights I bought off ebay for about $450 for the pair and they both leaked. The 03-04 finishers were purchaced from the dealer. Spray touch up paint was about $25 with clear coat from the internet. It was alot cheaper then having paint mixed. The hood and front fenders will work with the new lights. The 2000 grill also works with the ligths.I would recomend buying a instuctional cd for the wiring diagram and where to cut the sheetmetal. The 03-04 grill fits the new lights an hood perfectly but does not match the 2000 bumper so I made a piece of aluminum and painted it black. It looks alot better now. I hightgo with a aftermarket bumper someday.I ended up getting new lights from the dealer, no leaks and they are perfecly clear.Be careful when you wash the plastic lens, any dirt in the rag will scratch the plastic. I am going to but a headlight relay kit so both the high and low beams come on at the same time like the 03-04 discos also allowing high watt bulbs to be used.

Willie

Old 02-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Overlanding

[align=left]to any of you who have done this coversion. Anyone want to sell your old DII headlamps, I want to upgrade the DI's look

Thanks Paul
[/align]

Old 01-28-2010, 10:17 PM
2nd Gear

Do you still have instructions and pictures detailing the '99-'02 Disco to '03-'04 Disco headlight conversion available? I am in the process of getting all the parts together to convert my '01 and would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Jason

Old 01-29-2010, 02:02 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Double Deluxe
Do you still have instructions and pictures detailing the '99-'02 Disco to '03-'04 Disco headlight conversion available? I am in the process of getting all the parts together to convert my '01 and would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Jason
Are you going to convert the bumper over as well Jason, and if so, what part of the country are you in ??

Old 01-29-2010, 11:47 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the response. Just looking to do the head light conversion at this time. Bumper may come later. But honestly, the earlier style bumper doesn't bother me much at all.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:11 PM
1st Gear
Default 03 upgrade

can you please send me sum pics of your truck?
Originally Posted by Willie 00D2
It cost about $600 for everything to do the swap. The lights I bought off ebay for about $450 for the pair and they both leaked. The 03-04 finishers were purchaced from the dealer. Spray touch up paint was about $25 with clear coat from the internet. It was alot cheaper then having paint mixed. The hood and front fenders will work with the new lights. The 2000 grill also works with the ligths.I would recomend buying a instuctional cd for the wiring diagram and where to cut the sheetmetal. The 03-04 grill fits the new lights an hood perfectly but does not match the 2000 bumper so I made a piece of aluminum and painted it black. It looks alot better now. I hightgo with a aftermarket bumper someday.I ended up getting new lights from the dealer, no leaks and they are perfecly clear.Be careful when you wash the plastic lens, any dirt in the rag will scratch the plastic. I am going to but a headlight relay kit so both the high and low beams come on at the same time like the 03-04 discos also allowing high watt bulbs to be used.

Willie

Quick Reply: disco 2 headlamp conversion