Frankenstein-ing out SAI -- Impossible? - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Old 08-11-2017, 11:33 PM

Default Frankenstein-ing out SAI -- Impossible?

I have two motors from two land rovers. They're both discoveries, and as far as I can tell, they're the same motor.
The newest one overheated, and is now occupied by the thick greenish grey goop associated with catastrophic head gasket failures or warped/cracked parts.
The worst part of the new motor is that it seems to have a mechanical parasite... Secondary Air Injection. An "option" applied in such a gopnik way, it makes me wonder if the original engineers/designers even knew that it was implemented... anyway...
If the worst is true, and the newest motor is shot so far to hell that it is unable to be salvaged, what has to be transfered from my old land rover into the new land rover so that the Check Engine light is not on 24/7?
I figure so far that I could switch over a non SAI computer and non SAI fuel pump to make the car forget it ever had SAI, but I fear that this problem can't be solved as easily.
I have many replacement parts at my disposal, as I had a perfectly running land rover that was supposed to be donating its engine to the new one.
Forgive me if this issue has already been discussed, but the keywords for searching bring up different issues that involve the engine that don't exactly fit my situation.

Oh, and I don't need to be passing any exhaust regulations or whatever since I live in a country that values FREEDOM.

Last edited by Scarf; 08-12-2017 at 12:10 AM.