Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Heavy Duty Steering Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heavy Duty Steering Kit

Does anyone know where I can get a good Heavy Duty Steering Kit for my 04 Disco II ?

Last edited by ALEXAN; 11-15-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

May I ask why you need to spend that sort of money on your truck, what sort of trails do you run and what other nods have you installed for under carriage protection?

Old 11-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Old 11-21-2009, 04:24 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
May I ask why you need to spend that sort of money on your truck, what sort of trails do you run and what other nods have you installed for under carriage protection?
ahhahahahaha

Old 11-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Three Wheeling

sorry guys have been gone for a while computer problems. want an hd steering kit because i live in Chicago and our streets are worse then off road terrains believe me they are that bad we have pot holes every other second the size of soccer ***** and bigger and horrible horrible road pavement quality. I also would like to get in to some off roading. getting diff and tran guard in a week or two and rock sliders also I dont know what else i need for the undercarriage

Old 12-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Mudding

I cant hear the music!

Old 12-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ALEXAN
sorry guys have been gone for a while computer problems. want an hd steering kit because i live in Chicago and our streets are worse then off road terrains believe me they are that bad we have pot holes every other second the size of soccer ***** and bigger and horrible horrible road pavement quality. I also would like to get in to some off roading. getting diff and tran guard in a week or two and rock sliders also I dont know what else i need for the undercarriage
gas tank skid, steering guard, front and rear bumpers, lift it 2" and get bigger tires.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Guys, read his reply, this is a street truck, no parts are needed, except maybe a new steering stabilizer and shocks, he needs no armor for Chiago streets.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Guys, read his reply, this is a street truck, no parts are needed, except maybe a new steering stabilizer and shocks, he needs no armor for Chiago streets.
you sure mike? i think for the streets of chicago he would be safe with N.I.J. level 4 bullet proofing and maybe some I.E.D. under carriage protection and some run flat tires.

in all seriousness. you will be good with some new suspension and a steering stabilizer like mike said.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:15 AM
1st Gear

In typical DI fashion my auto dimming rear view mirror went bad.
The seal breaks and all the fluid leaks out and settles in the bottom of the mirror.
Turns out this is common with all Magna Donally mirrors.
But here is the fix.
I bought a Gentex auto dimming mirror with compass and temp off of Craigs list for $100 brand new.
I installed it myself (kinda) and I love it.

Quick Reply: Heavy Duty Steering Kit