Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Interior Floor Liner

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 05:12 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Floor Liner

Hello one and all,

I have wanted to modify my interior by having the carpet taken completely out and something like Rhino lining or some other kind of spray liner put in. My only concern is insulation and noise. I want something that I can just wipe clean, or vacuum out easily as I do a lot of trekking through the woods and most of the time cleaning my boots off completely is not an option. Has anyone done this to their Discovery? I'm not a fan of all weather mats, and would prefer to get rid of all the carpeting.

Another mod I thought might be cool, especially for trails and summer time would be to somehow remove all four doors, or convert them so that they are removable, like a jeep's hard doors, and then have custom steel tube doors put on with side view break away mirrors attached. That way you have the open feel of no doors, but you still have protection. Has anyone done this or know of any links to where I might be able to read up on or see photos of such a conversion?

Old 12-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

i was thinking of removing all of my carpet as well. i also want to ditch all of the speakers and put marine speakers in the roof.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have already taken the carpet out of my 2000 disco II w/o issue. it got soaked with swamp water (dont ask) and smelled horrible no matter how many times i steamed it. anyway, the vehicle is suprising quiet as is. i havent gotten around to rhino-lining the floor panels yet (got shipped to iraq. stupid army...) but as it is the noise is not as issue.
visually i havent figured out a way to make the trim pieces under the dash and seats meet up w/o the carpet - there is a gap of about 1/2 in all around. maybe have the bed liner people build up the area with spray? i am waiting on an idea to present itself for that one. suggestions?

check out lucky 8 off road - they do some waterproofing with the electronic components that sit under your drivers seat. and if you used h20 proof marine speakers do you really need to mount them to the roof?

i got no idea about teh removable doors but if you come up with something let me know.