Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Painted my 03 RR side vents, soon to be grille and top vent too!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painted my 03 RR side vents, soon to be grille and top vent too!!!!

Hey everyone.... First i'd like to say that I'm not sure if this thread belongs here or not, but I thought some people might be intrested in doing this themselves... And also sorry for any spelling errors because I'm on my phone..... So now I'll move one

Well today I had off and wanted to switch up my range rovers looks a little, and since I had been thinking of it I decided to paint my side vents and soon my grille and top hood vent. Well I started with my side vents to see how it would look and what not. Also a cheap easy part to replace if I were to mess up. It's late and I'm still in the shed finishing up but I'll post pictures tonight or tmmrw to show them off.. If anyone else is considering this I'd say go for it. Take your time and everything should come out great. I painted the fins gloss black and the inner mesh style parts of the vents red and cleared them with a thick couple layers of clear coat and it looks awesome..... It's too dark to get pics tonight but I'll get some tmmrw and post up my process for painting...

Old 09-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Drifting

well, this isnt finished, this was with one layer of clear, the p[lastic paint i used wasnt a great black, so as we speak i have wet sanded the old paint, thrown on the new gloss black paint, and repainted the red mesh area, waiting for it to dry and hit it with the clear, but they looked good before, the red really stands out and should match my new rims and halos!!!

Attached Thumbnails Painted my 03 RR side vents,  soon to be grille and top vent too!!!!-vent2.jpg   Painted my 03 RR side vents,  soon to be grille and top vent too!!!!-vent1.jpg  
Old 09-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle

cool, I like the way that looks. Any chance we can get a pic with a little more distance? I'd like to see that with a little more Rover in there :P

Old 09-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Drifting

yea for sure, ill snag one tommarow after im done washing it, its been raining up here so itd be a shame to take a lame pic, but shell be all beutified tmmrw, wax and wax, and maybe a polish to get here really shining. anyways, the other side didnt come out as good, and now im havin major paint issues after i resanded it and the paint isnt adhering to it well, but hopefully ill get that sorted out tommarow too aswell.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:08 PM
6th Gear
Default I want to paint my grill, handles and vents..

Can you kinda give me a walk through of things I need to do and also what (if any) problems you ran into with the type of paint? What kind of paint works the best for the grill and vents? Thanks , I'm really looking forward to starting this project ASAP...