Sponsored by:

360 Surround View - New D5 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 07:24 AM
4wd Low
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 360 Surround View - New D5 Owner

Long time lurker, first time poster..

I just brought home a CPO 2019 D5 HSE last week. Moderately spec’d, but for the price and to get one with less than 15,000 miles with the 7Y/100,000 CPO warranty...it was a deal I couldn’t pass up. Sadly, no air suspension or third row, which were the only two options I wanted but couldn’t find. Surprisingly, there were only a very small handful of CPOs within a ~300 mile radius of me.

From a tech standpoint, my build is pretty adequately spec’d. Adaptive cruise control, lane keep, the 825W meridian system, and a useless feature that awkwardly tries to identify a spot to parallel park in. I thought the package that gives you lane keep also gives you the 360 surround view...but it seems to be missing on mine. I do have 360 assist, but no cameras. Am I missing something?

Appreciate the help and look forward to enjoying my new ride for years to come. I grappled between this and a 2019-2020 Yukon for about 6 months before pulling the trigger. This has always been a bucket list car for me and with the warranty it was a no brainer. I just couldn’t justify dropping $50k on a used Yukon with higher miles when the Disco is levels above in both ride quality and luxury. I have owned a number of Jeeps in the past and most recently came from an SQ5, so getting back into something that has utility on and off road feels really nice.

The following users liked this post:
ecmgbob (03-17-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 07:11 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

No, the 360 cameras were part of the "Driver Assist Package" in 2019. It included 2 additional things: the cameras and steering assist (an upgrade to adaptive cruise control).
  • Park Package
  •  
    •  
      • Park Assist
      • 360 Parking Aid
      • Rear Traffic Monitor
      • Clear Exit Monitor
  • Drive Package
  •  
    •  
      • Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go
      • High-Speed Emergency Braking
      • Blind Spot Assist
      • Traffic Sign Recognition and Adaptive Speed Limiter
  • Driver Assist Package
  •  
    • Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist
    • 360 Surround Camera
    • Blind Spot Assist

Last edited by Drake Anderson; 03-17-2021 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:33 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

They can also come as part of the Tow Assist pack which my 2019 has, because I do not have the "Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist" unfortunately which does have a different from windscreen camera module.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:49 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by DarkyUK
They can also come as part of the Tow Assist pack which my 2019 has, because I do not have the "Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist" unfortunately which does have a different from windscreen camera module.
I always wondered what exactly was different with ACC with steering assist.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:51 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake Anderson
It basically keeps you in the middle of the lane and steers to a degree for you, don't have it on mine even though it has the lane keep assists with steering, had someone try to activate it but the camera module is slightly different for it so updating the CCF caused a bunch of module errors.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:55 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by DarkyUK
It basically keeps you in the middle of the lane and steers to a degree for you, don't have it on mine even though it has the lane keep assists with steering, had someone try to activate it but the camera module is slightly different for it so updating the CCF caused a bunch of module errors.
Good to know. Because I had always wondered myself if it was just a simple software update.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:15 AM
4wd Low
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No, the 360 cameras were part of the "Driver Assist Package" in 2019. It included 2 additional things: the cameras and steering assist (an upgrade to adaptive cruise control).
  • Park Package
  •  
    •  
      • Park Assist
      • 360 Parking Aid
      • Rear Traffic Monitor
      • Clear Exit Monitor
  • Drive Package
  •  
    •  
      • Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go
      • Blind Spot Assist
  • Driver Assist Package
  •  
    • Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist
    • 360 Surround Camera
    • Blind Spot Assist

I do have the steering assist (or I assume I do - it steers me back into my lane if I drift), so I assumed I would have the cameras. Also have traffic sign recognition.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:18 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by generals1992
I do have the steering assist (or I assume I do - it steers me back into my lane if I drift), so I assumed I would have the cameras. Also have traffic sign recognition.
It’s confusing. lane keep assist and ACC + steering assist are two separate things.

ACc + steering assist only works when adaptive cruise control is on and it literally steers the car around curves and everything as long as your hands are on the wheel.

Old 03-18-2021, 12:28 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

the way it was explained to me, the ACC will adjust the car’s speed to maintain a set distance between you and any car you are following. Steering assist will help you steer the car to avoid a collision. For example, you’re cruising along and someone enters the freeway and cuts in front of you. The steering assist will steer the car giving you extra time to react.

Old 03-18-2021, 12:33 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Pava-Rottie
the way it was explained to me, the ACC will adjust the car’s speed to maintain a set distance between you and any car you are following. Steering assist will help you steer the car to avoid a collision. For example, you’re cruising along and someone enters the freeway and cuts in front of you. The steering assist will steer the car giving you extra time to react.
Jump to 4:30 in this YouTube...it's like a full-time lane keep asssit when ACC is on. You just have to keep your hands on the wheel and it keeps the car centered in the lane, even through curves, etc.

Quick Reply: 360 Surround View - New D5 Owner