New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding OEM Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 11:37 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Lucky8 have the switch panel, and there are also instructions on their website. I was a bit leery of removing the interior trim panels but they all popped off or unscrewed easily. It turned out to be quire easy. Just check their instructions they are super useful.

If you look on the left side of where the lights are installed there's a vent tunnel which runs through to the wheel well. The cables can go through that vent, then around and up into the engine bay. I thought this was a reasonable solution, as I didn't have to drill/cut big holes or run the cables by the radiator.

I used the custom plates for two reasons; 1- I didn't want to remove the bumper and fiddling with nuts underneath the sill with the bumper installed didn't sound like fun to me. 2- that plastic is pretty thin, and I didn't consider it a very solid platform for lights, so I just make clearance holes in that, slid the plates under the sill and attached the lights - super easy and stiff.

Old 11-27-2023, 10:44 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

Thanks for that.

As for the cable routing, I was really asking how you routed them into the cabin. Or did you?

Cheers

Originally Posted by sowrco
Lucky8 have the switch panel, and there are also instructions on their website. I was a bit leery of removing the interior trim panels but they all popped off or unscrewed easily. It turned out to be quire easy. Just check their instructions they are super useful.

If you look on the left side of where the lights are installed there's a vent tunnel which runs through to the wheel well. The cables can go through that vent, then around and up into the engine bay. I thought this was a reasonable solution, as I didn't have to drill/cut big holes or run the cables by the radiator.

I used the custom plates for two reasons; 1- I didn't want to remove the bumper and fiddling with nuts underneath the sill with the bumper installed didn't sound like fun to me. 2- that plastic is pretty thin, and I didn't consider it a very solid platform for lights, so I just make clearance holes in that, slid the plates under the sill and attached the lights - super easy and stiff.

Old 11-27-2023, 10:53 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 1979rover
Thanks for that.

As for the cable routing, I was really asking how you routed them into the cabin. Or did you?

Cheers
Ah. The thread above has useful info. There’s a rubber “gasket” or sheet above the steering column which can be accessed from the engine bay just left of the brake fluid reservoir after removing the cover panel.

From inside the vehicle, underneath the steering wheel, pop off the trim panel and you’ll see the other side of that rubber area.

There are pictures in the thread. You just slit the rubber and thread the wires through.