New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the Massing Seats Package?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 01:39 AM
Mudding
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Anyone have the Massing Seats Package?

Sorry for advance on another thread from me about the Disco 5... **EDIT for misspelling massaging in the title HA!**

Contemplating adding massaging seats package to our build, we already have the heated/cooled.

It is not about the money, but read on a Range Rover forum the seat frame they used is different and pretty uncomfortable.

Looking for feedback on the seat itself, and how was does the massage function work? If it just vibrating, or does it do a good job. Would be clutch on the way back from ski trips.

Last edited by ammonation; 11-08-2021 at 01:54 AM. Reason: for misspelling massaging in the title
Old 11-08-2021, 07:49 AM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The air bags that you adjust for confort increase and decrease their intensity by section. Not the best I've tried in terms of location isolation nor intensity and it only does the back, not the seat.
That being said, I'm in a f-pace loaner now and really miss it and would order them again. I haven't tried the ones in a Range Rover.

Old 11-08-2021, 08:14 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I have them. Whomever said they are uncomfortable...I don't know what they are talking about it.

They are EXTRA WONDERFUL FABULOUS AMAZING. Everyone who has ridden with me has enjoyed having them on and I use mine often. Literally, anytime I start to get pissed off (I work in construction equipment, so often) or start to get road rage (lived 10 years in a big city, so often), I just hit that button and the massager relaxes me. Also helps knock the edge off on long road trips. On a recent 15 hour drive I used it often. Normally on a trip like that, I'd be pulling over all the time but with the massaging seats, I could keep on riding (real talk, probably last time I do that, next time I'll stop for a hotel, we ran outta driver before we ran outta car on that trip).

I have a few constant passengers with bad backs and the massaging seat is a popular item. Often times coupled with the heated seats (they want heated seats during the summer...which I don't get but I'm not gonna hate on a man's comfort, also literally costs me nothing so do whatever). No one I know has ever complained about the seat massager. It has been well received by all. When I first crank it up, everyone always says, "ooohhhhh yes that is nice".

The real talk: it is limiting and only for your lower/mid back. Its predictable. Its set to run on a 15 minute timer and sometimes that is too much but you just turn it off. The massaging seat can be distracting when maneuvering or city driving, but that is just my opinion. And yeah, just turn it off. Only other issue is I work with a lot of guys who have work truck spec vehicles so I catch flak for how nice the D5 is (maximum 1st world problems). On the flipside I had to give a ride to a driver of a 2011 Jeep JK (if you want to ride in a car with crap seats, this car is for you) and he was VERY happy with the HSE lux seats+massaging seat.

I've literally gone out to the parking lot during lunch, sat in my D5 with the seat massager on, playing Enya, and has changed my daily outlook from negative to positive. What is that worth? A LOT.

So yeah. Its been great. Is it a $200 massage from the spa retreat or whatever with the hot rocks? Not even close. But for that quick 15 minutes of stress relief, its wonderful.

I'd say don't get it if you never go on road trips and/or live a stress free life. This is not me. I've put 8,000 miles on my D5 in the past 4 months. So I'm gonna hit the massage button.

The following users liked this post:
Masbury (11-16-2021)
Old 11-08-2021, 03:05 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LR Max
I have a few constant passengers with bad backs and the massaging seat is a popular item. Often times coupled with the heated seats (they want heated seats during the summer...which I don't get but I'm not gonna hate on a man's comfort,.
A really nice feature for ppl with bad backs in summer is that you can have the heat on your back and turn off the seats

Old 11-09-2021, 12:20 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LR Max
The massaging seat can be distracting when maneuvering or city driving, but that is just my opinion.
I'm glad someone else admitted this. I think I've gotten more used to it now, but when I first got mine the massage feature would totally make me feel distracted when driving around the city!

Old 11-15-2021, 11:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 212 Likes on 140 Posts

I got them on my '22. Here are MY views on this:
- is it worth it ? Yes, 100% - long interstate drives they are a blessing. Stuck in stupid rush hour traffic - absolutely.
- is it comfortable: Yes it is. I am 250 lbs, and if it is comfortable for me, trust me... should be great for a lot of people
- if it is not about the money, get them. Don't like'em ? you don't have to turn them on. Compared with the regular ones, I personally find them more comfortable ( for the record, I drove 2 months a regular seat Disco 5 and I like the massage ones better).

The following users liked this post:
gcap (11-15-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 12:17 AM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Massaging seats are AMAZING!

Originally Posted by ammonation
Sorry for advance on another thread from me about the Disco 5... **EDIT for misspelling massaging in the title HA!**

Contemplating adding massaging seats package to our build, we already have the heated/cooled.

It is not about the money, but read on a Range Rover forum the seat frame they used is different and pretty uncomfortable.

Looking for feedback on the seat itself, and how was does the massage function work? If it just vibrating, or does it do a good job. Would be clutch on the way back from ski trips.
I have them on my 2017 Discovery HSE and absolutely love them. They are not the vibrating seats but the rolling type. Its enough to relax your back but not like a real professional massage chair. I always have mine set where it'll start when I start driving the car. Yes, you can set them to turn on automatically for the driver's side only. Its a great investment. I ordered them for my new 2022 Discovery R-Dynamic P360 which is being transported from the port in Georgia to my dealership. I'm hoping it gets here this week.

Old 11-19-2021, 02:01 PM
8th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Love it on mine as well. Big selling feature when I went looking for a CPO TD6. We do lot's of long trips - 10+ hour days and just like LRMax said above, if not for the seats we would've stopped a lot more often to stretch out. Not life changing, but definitely worth having when spending the money.

Old 11-28-2021, 12:57 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had them in my 2017 Disco and have them in my MY22. You really can’t go wrong!