Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carpathian Grey

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 03:14 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carpathian Grey

I am new to the forum and have just placed an order for a new Discovery in Carpathian Grey and was wondering if anyone out there has one already with any pics of it?

Old 02-02-2022, 03:10 PM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default You asked for Carpathian Grey? Here it is.

Originally Posted by davisopr
I am new to the forum and have just placed an order for a new Discovery in Carpathian Grey and was wondering if anyone out there has one already with any pics of it?
2022 Discovery HSE R-Dynamic P-360 BTO (Built-to-Order) from Land Rover. Ebony/Ivory leather interior fully loaded with heads up display, heated and massage seats, upgraded leather package. Full body PPF (Paint Protection Film) with SPS Graphene coating (two layers) including wheels and windows done by Fierce Detailing in Aubrey, TX. The graphene coating has hydrophobic properties like ceramic coating. The only thing different is that this coating would last up to 5 years. It gives the paint a wet, glossy look and easy to maintain. We used to own a 2017 Discovery HSE in black but really happy whit this grey color. You can see the higher quality with this premium color. Enjoy!

SPS Graphene coating on wheels.

The following users liked this post:
bkjecu94 (03-06-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 03:11 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks LR4Top!
Looks great from all angles. I think i made the right colour choice now just need to wait for the delivery date.......
Do let us know how you get on with it!

Old 02-05-2022, 12:09 AM
Drifting
Smile

Originally Posted by davisopr
Thanks LR4Top!
Looks great from all angles. I think i made the right colour choice now just need to wait for the delivery date.......
Do let us know how you get on with it!
You're welcome. Glad you made the right choice in color. All of LR colours are nice but the premium colours really are premium. As for your order, it may take a while. I ordered mine just before they started to have a chip shortage. But once you get your vehicle, you'll realize that it was worth the wait. Cheers.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:42 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Amazing how close that is to our Corris gray. Just a hair more brown hue me thinks.

I really like those wheels. 22s?

Unfortunately, between country living, flying across farm ground, and the cabin, we do too much off road. If we buy the residual I might look into a winter/offroad and summer sets again. Worked well on my Pepper.

Always worth a stare or 3 pulling up in a Cayenne, all muddy, with big gnarly terra grapplers on it.

The following users liked this post:
dinkeldorf (02-11-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 08:57 PM
Mudding
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by canon_mutant
Amazing how close that is to our Corris gray. Just a hair more brown hue me thinks.

Unfortunately, between country living, flying across farm ground, and the cabin, we do too much off road. If we buy the residual I might look into a winter/offroad and summer sets again. Worked well on my Pepper.

Always worth a stare or 3 pulling up in a Cayenne, all muddy, with big gnarly terra grapplers on it.
Eiger is much closer to Corris than Carpathian in my opinion. I think Corris is the best color out of the 3, Carpathian unless in sunlight is very dark. Which don't get me wrong, its a beautiful color but you lose most of the black contrasting on an R-Dynamic.

Here is Eiger compared to Corris

Old 02-09-2022, 10:08 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by canon_mutant

Thanks. Yes, the wheels are 22s and they ride really nice. Not recommended for off-road though of course. The photos do not do it justice. Looking at the carpathian gray in person is really nice. I disagree that it has brown hues though. And you can really see the difference between their premium paint compared to their standard paint.

Old 02-09-2022, 10:12 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ammonation
Eiger is much closer to Corris than Carpathian in my opinion. I think Corris is the best color out of the 3, Carpathian unless in sunlight is very dark. Which don't get me wrong, its a beautiful color but you lose most of the black contrasting on an R-Dynamic.

Here is Eiger compared to Corris

I agree with you, however, I intentionally wanted the carpathian gray because I like the darkness of it. Yes, it doesn't not contrast well next to the black panels that are on the R-Dynamic but I actually like it. Thanks for sharing your photos to compare these three colours. This really helps other future owners to make their decision on which gray they like.

Old 03-04-2022, 05:36 PM
Mudding
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LR4Top
I agree with you, however, I intentionally wanted the carpathian gray because I like the darkness of it. Yes, it doesn't not contrast well next to the black panels that are on the R-Dynamic but I actually like it. Thanks for sharing your photos to compare these three colours. This really helps other future owners to make their decision on which gray they like.
Had to revisit this thread as I was a bit critical of Carpathian Gray, and LR4op's choice.

Saw it today in person for the first time, and it is a stunning color.

Karma did bite me in the ***, drove 2 hours to go buy a 22' fully loaded certified in Carpathian Grey. As I walked in, someone was at the desk buying it. After seeing it in person, I probably would've kept it in Carpathian versus paying 4k to wrap it in Eiger or Corris.

Did snap off some photos of swatches while I was there I feel the Carpathian is not very accurate in the swatch.

Last edited by ammonation; 03-04-2022 at 05:53 PM.