Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 5 service parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 11:09 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 18 Disco
FWIW - I purchased a K&N panel air filter (part number 33-2446) for my Td6 based on my experience with other vehicles (350,000 miles in my current daily and still going strong). It is the same filter used in the Si6, but you only need one of them, but K&N will send two ($95.00 online on the K&N website). I'm using the second filter when I pull out the first one for cleaning and thorough drying. I know some folks will explode over the fact that it isn't a paper filter, a land rover filter, or whatever their personal preference is. Note the 350,000 miles above - that says it all.
I think it depends on your driving too. I grew up farming on a 35,000 acre ranch with dust forever and I was young and bought into the hype of the K&N so went that route. Took one time of pulling it out to see how crazy dirty it was on the other side. For daily driving I 100% have no issues using them but if you're driving through a dust bowl level area daily, like big machinery job sites, I'd stay away. You want something more dense you can pull out, hit with the air compressor, and put back in.

Again thank you for all the info everyone is adding. I'll be going through and reformatting the first post with the added info. It's very difficult to find anything regarding servicing these things which I kind of find funny since it's heart belongs in the wild. I personally like doing my own servicing. I had to lemon law my 2017 Sierra SLT and even with them crawling all over it trying to find any reason to avoid it GM never had issues with my servicing it. There's a certain peace of mind that comes with it.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck
do they ever list service intervals? Or how often to replace air filter etc?
Yes - there is an explicit service schedule with required maint items. Much of it is 'checks' as per usual...
It's annual or 15k miles - whichever comes sooner

At 12 month / 15k miles - engine oil and oil filter. Pollen filter.
At 2 years it's the same plus the air cleaner element.
At 3 years the same as first plus brake fluid
4 years is same as second

Of course all pretty straightforward items you can do yourself. But sometimes helpful for dealer to be able to look for known failure items in advance (like the water pumps on the LR4)

The following users liked this post:
Groucho123 (10-21-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 01:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lltt
https://www.landroverelpasotx.com/pr...aintenance.htm
Not really. The most info I find helpful are from these pre-paid maintenance plans from dealer website.
This is my first LR, and I came from BMW and MB. There's a much larger user in forum which contains a lot more DYI info.
Had to make educated guess for a lot of things for LR, seems that most LR owner rely on dealer to do the right things...
Combining my experience and the info I am able to find. I plan on doing these:
- Oil and filter Follow computer. I have TD6, with the oil dilution issue, I expect to change around every 5-7k miles.
- Cabin filter: Every year.
- Intake filter: Clean every other oil change, replace every 15K miles.
- Replace brake fluid: Every 2-3 years.
- Fuel Filter: Around every 15K miles.
The only thing I am not sure at this moment is the transmission fluid. Since it is a ZF 8 speed, I will refer to BMW service interval when time comes.
How do you know you have an oil dilution issue?

Old 09-28-2018, 02:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How do you know you have an oil dilution issue?
I have been monitoring my 'service in xxxx miles". For every 1000 miles I drove, it drops about 3000 miles.
It falls in line with other diesel models, most info found are on Discovery Sport and diesel RR forum.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:38 PM
Three Wheeling

How many miles do you have on your vehicle already?

Old 09-28-2018, 04:14 PM
Three Wheeling

I think it depends on your driving too. I grew up farming on a 35,000 acre ranch with dust forever and I was young and bought into the hype of the K&N so went that route. Took one time of pulling it out to see how crazy dirty it was on the other side. For daily driving I 100% have no issues using them but if you're driving through a dust bowl level area daily, like big machinery job sites, I'd stay away. You want something more dense you can pull out, hit with the air compressor, and put back in.

Again thank you for all the info everyone is adding. I'll be going through and reformatting the first post with the added info. It's very difficult to find anything regarding servicing these things which I kind of find funny since it's heart belongs in the wild. I personally like doing my own servicing. I had to lemon law my 2017 Sierra SLT and even with them crawling all over it trying to find any reason to avoid it GM never had issues with my servicing it. There's a certain peace of mind that comes with it.
I agree - If I was driving the dust bowl I would stick with a paper filter for a quick knock out after the dusty work is done. But dealing with that situation is part of the reason for the second filter. Swap it in when cleaning the dirty one. For regular driving the K&N on my daily driver collects and incredible amount of debris on the outside with nothing making it through (good oiling and letting it dry properly is the key to functionality). Too many people get inpatient and put it back in the vehicle wet and do damage to the vehicle. The K&N performance gains are minimal, but the filter pays for itself pretty quickly multiple times over in the course of ownership. My other vehicle has 350,000+ miles and that would be about 23 + filters vs 1 K&N and ironically the paper filter at LR costs about the same as the single K&N filter (but they come 2 to a box). I figure over the life of vehicle ownership this savings will be significant. I'm not as concerned about horsepower hype as much as the financial gain/savings over the course of ownership.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:53 AM
Three Wheeling

How many miles do you have on your vehicle already?
3000 miles
shows 5000 miles till next service

Old 10-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

3000 miles
Might want to email VelocityAP or GDE about a tune. GDE is tuing the F-150 with the 3.0 and might be able to help. VelocityAP's tune is awesome from what I've read and should help with that issue as well. Sounds like it's more of a software issue of how the regen is handled.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:04 PM
Three Wheeling

Might want to email VelocityAP or GDE about a tune. GDE is tuing the F-150 with the 3.0 and might be able to help. VelocityAP's tune is awesome from what I've read and should help with that issue as well. Sounds like it's more of a software issue of how the regen is handled.
I think you are correct. Russia version dont need DEF at all, so a similar software bypass can be achieved. Just not feeling like risking the warranty while it is expensive to fix anything down the road...

Old 10-04-2018, 01:22 PM
Three Wheeling

3000 miles
Interesting - the dealership had me coming in at 8000 miles and the countdown to the 8000 mile mark has been spot on from day one. First service will be later this month. I may pull an oil sample to check the reality of some of the "oil dilution" claims.

Quick Reply: Disco 5 service parts