New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 5 service parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 06:25 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Thank you for contacting Castrol North America.

Castrol EDGE Professional oil products, such as Castrol EDGE Professional C1 5W-30, are Castrol's most advanced range of oils which are certified CO2 neutral engine oils and micro filtered to the highest quality standards. As these oils are formulated in partnership with OEM partners like Land Rover, they are only available for purchase in North America through Land Rover and other new car dealership locations.

Castrol EDGE 5W-30 C1 is a newly available product which like Castrol EDGE Professional C1 5W-30, it too meets the Jaguar/Land Rover STJLR.03.5005 requirement but is sold by retailers such as Wal-Mart, AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Pep Boys, Strauss, NAPA Auto Parts and by select quick lubes, dealerships and auto service centers around the country. Please note that the aforementioned national retailers who carry Castrol products order their products from a warehouse, who in turn, order the product from us. Generally, retailers base the product line that they sell heavily upon consumer demand therefore we are unable to advise you of a specific retail location that carries a specific Castrol product so we would suggest that you call the retail location(s) directly to inquire about specific product availability.

Thank you again for contacting Castrol. We value your patronage!

Castrol Consumer Relations

Old 08-20-2021, 05:01 PM
Mudding
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by lltt
Finding all these info from parts website.
Dealer quoted around $12/L bottle for TD6 oil, and $28 for oil filter.

TD6

Cabin air filter: Part Number: LR036369

Oil Filter: Part Number: LR013148

Fuel Filter: Part Number: LR084459

Intake Filter: Part Number: LR011593

Si6

Cabin air filter: Part Number: LR036369

Oil Filter: Part Number: LR011279

Intake Filter: Part Number: LR011593
I'm seeing two different fuel filters for the Td6. This one you mention and LR041978 - Fuel Water Separation Filter. Land Rover sites say it's also called Fuel Filter, although it's inline. Is the one to get LR084459?

Last edited by BchBum11511; 08-20-2021 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 02:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Yes. Get LR084459

Old 09-13-2021, 01:45 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can actually get LR041978, it is the actual filter element. LR084459 comes with the mounting bracket and drain tube, all of which you don't need and is nearly triple the price. Don't ask me how I know

Old 10-27-2021, 03:08 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone have a known good replacement for D5 TPMS sensors? I know I saw someone list a link of one they’d used successfully but I can’t find it again. $120/ea for them from LR is … unfortunate…

Also, I’m replacing my spare donut with a full size. Should I add a TPMS to that or will it confuse the system? I’m assuming the full size spare option includes a sensor and the car can determine location, it figured it’s wise to ask…

Old 10-27-2021, 08:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

On your second question - yes. The full size spare needs tpms like all the other tires. Else you will get an error when you use it. The sensors are localized so it knows which tire is in which location

I have full size spare on mine, and it monitors pressure even in the spare location (unlike my old LR4 which only monitored when on one of the four wheel locations)

On your first question there are plenty of aftermarket tpms sensors that work. Need to get right frequency and type. Shops will have a guide to the right ones. Note that the older model LR systems can be a bit sensitive to the right sensors so I've stuck with OEM. But others have used aftermarket fine.

The following users liked this post:
New2LRinCA (10-27-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 03:42 AM
Winching
Received 272 Likes on 173 Posts

Just call these guys Titan TPMS Tire Pressure Sensors they will tell you the correct one you need. everything is not on there site. I've been running 4 sensors for over 1 year, no issues at all.

New2LRinCA (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 11:53 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Just a note on TPMS sensors:

I got a set that was recommend on this forum, and while they have worked, it took the vehicle some time to accept them fully. I had the tire shop "activate" them properly, yet for the first couple of weeks I got a "fault" alert. Then for the next week or so, the fault was gone upon start up and then would come on intermittently. Finally, after about three weeks or so, the vehicle finally accepted that they are there and working and I haven't gotten a fault.

Long story short, if using aftermarket, be patient and persistent.

Old 10-28-2021, 12:04 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1979rover
Just a note on TPMS sensors:

I got a set that was recommend on this forum, and while they have worked, it took the vehicle some time to accept them fully. I had the tire shop "activate" them properly, yet for the first couple of weeks I got a "fault" alert. Then for the next week or so, the fault was gone upon start up and then would come on intermittently. Finally, after about three weeks or so, the vehicle finally accepted that they are there and working and I haven't gotten a fault.

Long story short, if using aftermarket, be patient and persistent.
Thanks! the ones from Titan in the previous post seem like a good option. America's Tire also sells a Schrader for $60/ea. I'd buy whatever was necessary, but I know there are aftermarket ones that work fine. I thought to ask because I've had cars in the past that were way finnicky about it. My current sensors work fine but I figured since I'm doing all 5 wheels I may as well change them out while I'm at it. Probably a little early, but better than late . My D5 is a 2018.

gmfain (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 06:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Seems very early to change them out if you're not having issues. I've run them for almost a decade in my other car with no issues.

Quick Reply: Disco 5 service parts