Sponsored by:

Garden Trailer Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 06:37 AM
Mudding
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Garden Trailer Recommendation

Good Morning,

Need a recommendation for a garden trailer for my 22 D5. I have the factory tow package and ideally looking for a garden trailer that I can hook-up and gather twigs, dirt, and basically do yard work around my property. The small garden trailers that I see on home depot and tractor supply seem more fitted height-wise to a lawn mower or ATV. The connection also seems different in that it does not require the 2" trailer hitch ball.

Recommendations appreciated! thanks.

Matt

Old 05-06-2022, 08:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

You can make the trailer level by using different "drop" receivers. They will work fine.
You can find them at Walmart or Amazon.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Possibly harbor freight tools but be aware of quality or lack of.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:49 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
Possibly harbor freight tools but be aware of quality or lack of.
thank you! I was looking at Agrifab at Home Depot. Any concern with the length of the drawbar tongue? Basically during turning the walls of the bed would scratch the LR bumper.

thanks again

Old 05-07-2022, 03:27 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Groucho123
You can make the trailer level by using different "drop" receivers. They will work fine.
You can find them at Walmart or Amazon.
Thanks for all the help everyone!!

So this is the dump cart that I have chosen:

Amazon Amazon

However as you can see, the connection point is for a tractor/lawn mower and not a ball receiver. I went to my local Tractor Supply location and asked if there is an adapter from the ball hitch to the pin hitch. The employee understood what I was asking but didn't have any ideas. Same thing with Lowes.

However, I was perusing different hitches and saw the one below:

Amazon Amazon

Since the ball hitch isn't welded in, could I just use this lowered draw bar and basically the pin connection would fit above and below?

Thoughts if this will work? OR if there is a conversion/adapter for the ball hitch to pin hitch that is welcome too!

Thanks again!

Matt

Old 05-07-2022, 07:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

I think that lowered draw bar would work but only allow movement sideways, i.e. turning. I think it would bind up if you had a hill, like backing the trailer onto something above or below the level of the Disco.

You could probably buy a bolt on trailer coupler (Harbor Freight $15) for a trailer ball and bolt it onto the trailer in place of that pin type hitch it comes with. Then use a standard trailer draw bar with the appropriate size ball. This trailer does not appear road worthy - you won't use it on a public road I assume. I doubt you could register it and the tires probably aren't made for that. You might want to consider a trailer that could be road worthy.

Old 05-07-2022, 08:02 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
I think that lowered draw bar would work but only allow movement sideways, i.e. turning. I think it would bind up if you had a hill, like backing the trailer onto something above or below the level of the Disco.

You could probably buy a bolt on trailer coupler (Harbor Freight $15) for a trailer ball and bolt it onto the trailer in place of that pin type hitch it comes with. Then use a standard trailer draw bar with the appropriate size ball. This trailer does not appear road worthy - you won't use it on a public road I assume. I doubt you could register it and the tires probably aren't made for that. You might want to consider a trailer that could be road worthy.
thanks for the comments and ideas! Yes it will ONLY be used in the yard.