Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please! roof leak brand new discovery

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 12:08 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please! roof leak brand new discovery

Hello all, new member here, just bought 2018 discovery HSE on Jan 15th from a dealer in Maryland.. I live in Virginia. The 2nd week the car developed leak in roof, 2nd row, drivers side. The left and middle 2nd row seats are ruined, leather warped, headliner etc. Contacted maryland dealer (whom i bought it from) who has not lifted finger to help in any way/shape/form. Told me to either take to local LR dealer or can wait till FEB 24 for appt! ( 3 weeks later). I had no choice but to take to local dealer, They have had it 10 days and still cant diagnose the problem (their words) and want to replace the sunroof, track mechanism etc and they 'think' that should fix it. They haven;t even addressed the seats., headliner, looked for mold etc. I suspect this will take another week to fix and then who knows how long to get new seats etc.... is this a lemon? (or soon to be). Won't the water damage + structural defect affect resale value? This is my first land rover and I am very disappointed in the customer service and lack of knowledge by the service dept. I understand manufacturing defects occur, I get it, no product is 100% QC, but how a LUXURY company deals with it is what sets them apart from other companies. Ive already called LR USA in Jersey, they have a case file blah blah blah, but all they are doing is giving me updates which I can get from the service dept....
any advise, tips, or recs would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
A formerly excited-to-finally-have-a-Rover customer

thank you kindly

Old 02-25-2018, 06:46 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?....anyone?