Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to close sunroof??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 06:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts
Default How to close sunroof??

Hi - just tested the global open feature on our new 2018 Discovery HSE LUX. (Press and hold the unlock button on remote for 3 seconds). Works well - but was amazed to see that the sunroof also opens. We didn't know it has a sunroof!
Issue is - how do we close it! There are only 2 buttons on the roof console above the mirror - one for the front panoramic blind and one for the rear one. The manual shows a third button in the middle for sunroof but we don't have that. Can't find anything on menus and as far as I can tell there isn't a global close in America. Help!!! We are stuck with the sunroof open

Old 09-03-2018, 07:02 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

Land Rover left the middle button that closes the sunroof off of select LUX models. If you wanted to close the sunroof, it cost extra. Call LRNA and tell them you need them to remotely close the sunroof. They will take down your credit card number and bill you.

Only Kidding.

There are a handfull of people on this site with 18’ Discovery’s. Hopefully they can chime in. Read back through the manual and see if you misseed anything. Good luck.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2018 D5 has 3 buttons. 2 each for the shades, and a third for the glass.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:21 PM
Mudding
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by PurpleRain
My 2018 D5 has 3 buttons. 2 each for the shades, and a third for the glass.
Same on my '18.

But wait... you paid how much for a car and did not know it had a sunroof?? Did you realize it has a radio and 2nd row seats?

The following users liked this post:
Groucho123 (03-12-2021)
Old 09-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Hayseed_D5
Same on my '18.

But wait... you paid how much for a car and did not know it had a sunroof?? Did you realize it has a radio and 2nd row seats?
I laugh at the joke, but I paid this much for a car and didn't realize it doesn't have seat memory function...

Old 09-04-2018, 09:15 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks everyone for the helpful comments. And the laughs too!!
I know it's funny that we didn't know it has a sunroof. But it's not obvious from outside as it's just a giant glass roof. And the instructions show a sunroof open button which we don't have, so I therefore thought there was no sunroof

Anyway - something clearly wrong and our car was assembled with the wrong console unit! That doesn't inspire confidence...

Here is the temporary fix. It's not detailed anywhere in the manual that I could find. But our cars do have a global close feature. Press and hold the door lock button on the drivers door, after 3 seconds of holding it goes into global close and the windows and roof close while your finger is still pressing the button. So - we got it closed!

But - need to fix the issue of missing control buttons inside...

The following users liked this post:
New2LRinCA (03-08-2021)
Old 09-04-2018, 02:38 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by BritCars
Thanks everyone for the helpful comments. And the laughs too!!
I know it's funny that we didn't know it has a sunroof. But it's not obvious from outside as it's just a giant glass roof. And the instructions show a sunroof open button which we don't have, so I therefore thought there was no sunroof

Anyway - something clearly wrong and our car was assembled with the wrong console unit! That doesn't inspire confidence...

Here is the temporary fix. It's not detailed anywhere in the manual that I could find. But our cars do have a global close feature. Press and hold the door lock button on the drivers door, after 3 seconds of holding it goes into global close and the windows and roof close while your finger is still pressing the button. So - we got it closed!

But - need to fix the issue of missing control buttons inside...
Trade you console for the seat memory buttons?

Old 09-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Amazing they don't all come with seat memory
We had an LR4 HSE before this and it didn't have seat memory. Meant my wife and I were constantly changing all the adjustments, mirrors etc...

Old 09-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Drifting

Yes... Exactly my thoughts.

Old 09-04-2018, 05:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

At least for 2019 they list HSE and HSE Lux with memory driver seat and mirrors. Is the dealer ordering the correct panel with buttons?

Quick Reply: How to close sunroof??