New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incontrol Touch pro Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 11:14 AM
7th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when my at&t signal is weak all the "stuff" has problems. My remote app works great at the dealership but only works 10% of the time at home where at&t signal is not strong. They should switch to Verizon which seems to have better coverage at least were I travel.

Old 01-15-2018, 12:09 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edred
when my at&t signal is weak all the "stuff" has problems. My remote app works great at the dealership but only works 10% of the time at home where at&t signal is not strong. They should switch to Verizon which seems to have better coverage at least were I travel.

I have Verizon and where I live it is much better than AT&T. I don't think though that the service provider is the cause of the issues. After my last dealer update of the software in the car everything was working great. About two weeks ago, I started experiencing glitches again, such as my iPod or iPhone not connecting through the USB connections. It is going back to the dealer this week for another update. hopefully this fixes things again.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:49 PM
7th Gear

Can you use Verizon for incontrol wifi hot spot, or do you have to have AT&T to have a hot spot connection? My iPhone service is Verizon but The service for the car is AT&T. I did not know you could connect Incontrol via Verizon The expert at the Asheville LR dealer says the car has to have a strong signal or it won't connect other services.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:41 PM
4wd Low

Everytime you use the Remote app to locate or remote start the car, it uses the cellular network to 'phone' the car and pull the data relay it back to your app.

In the US, the D5 is only 3G and the carrier is AT&T

Any delays or connection issues can easily be the 3G connection where the car is located.

Old 01-17-2018, 10:17 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I've been trying to convince a good friend to look at Jaguar/Land Rover instead of Mercedes, but he keeps complaining about the crap touchscreens. I agree with him, but for me it's not my primary thought when buying a new car. Nevertheless, My wife and I would like to buy a new Disco 5, but I'm waiting until the bugs are worked out.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:39 AM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Update: 01/18/18

Originally Posted by LR4Top
I'm taking my Discovery HSE LUX in tomorrow and hopefully the software update on their end will resolve the same issues you've been having. But I also have issues with the intelligent auto start/stop feature that never works anymore, built-in navigation audio does not work all the time, rear panel is loose and not fully sealed, slow reaction of the tailgate button, sluggish acceleration, and spare tire low on air. I just want all this to be fixed so I can start the new year on a positive note.
So I took my 2017 Discovery HSE LUX in to have my dealership look at the issues. I even typed out every issue I was having since receiving the vehicle. I also wrote "do not return my vehicle until everything on this list is resolved".

Here's the list:

InControl System
Bluetooth disconnects from connected iPhone 8+ running firmware version 11.2.1
I notice when accelerating or breaking, the bluetooth connection disconnects. Its like the Discovery is taking power away from other parts of the vehicle. Sometimes I’ll have a good connection and then it’ll disconnect and then reconnect.
When connected via USB cable, disconnects from iPhone and does not charge and then it reconnects and charges, but then loses the connection again.
Built-in navigation audio (when the system talks and gives the driver directions) does not work all the time.
It does not work when I use the Spotify App used with the InControl App. Navigation audio works at least 40% of the time. This should be working 100% of the time even when using the HD FM radio, satellite radio, CD player, or any of the audio apps like Spotify within the InControl app system.
When using the built in navigation, I lose connection when plugged into the InControl feature. Its frustrating to use the navigation because the screen would change to the InControl app connection and I would have to press the navigation button to get my map screen back to view.
System continues to crash and automatically reboot itself. This happens when I do a remote start from the Remote App.
Touch display sometimes has a slight delay. It’ll get very slow and then crashes but then reboots itself automatically.
Auto Start/Stop
Does not work at all. It used to work and now it doesn’t.
Tested with everything turned off such as air/heat, massage feature, radio, etc. Monitored this based on outside temperature and its inconsistent to what Land Rover says when it should work.
Panel Above Right Rear Window
Panel is loose which may have caused rainwater to leak into vehicle. Does not look like a good seal from the factory.
Rear Tail Gate Button
Sometimes there is a delay or no reaction at all when pressing this button to release bottom of tail gate.
Acceleration Weak
Drives sluggish
Tranny feels slow to engage, almost as if it regressed to when I first got the vehicle
Spare Tire
Spare tire needs air since it continuously notifies me when starting the vehicle.

So everything was resolved except for two things: the auto start/stop feature and the back panel being loose. The back panel is on order from the UK and takes about 6-8 weeks. The auto start/stop has a part ordered as well to replace a current part that relates to the auto/start stop. But other than that, they fixed every else. They had a recent repair on a Jaguar F-pace that had the same Incontrol issues so he used that to mirror my issues and they were all spot on. Both vehicles were manufactured on the same assembly line and at the time the firmware for InControl was not current. It was actually two versions back! So now everything works with Incontrol. If you're having issues with your Incontrol, have them look at the firmware for the actual device built into the vehicle. The issues with the rear tail gate button was a recall and they replaced the system with an updated one. That now works. The issue with how it reacts when I press the gas was resolved by them resetting something in the computer system. He said when I first received the vehicle, it starts to record how your drive, your style of driving. I may have been a little too cautious at first. That now works.

Over all, my service guys were great. They also had the vehicle connect to their computer systems to have Land Rover UK to check the various codes of the vehicle and make sure everything electronic works like new. Although it took an entire week, it was worth the wait. My advice to anyone with issues similar to mine, take your Discovery in to have them do a thorough inspection. You invested in technology that far surpasses other vehicles so its best to get it fixed ASAP before you're out of warranty. Also, they informed me that because I had pre-ordered my vehicles, it was one of the very first in my region and that I was expecting some flaws to work out the kinks. Overall, this Discovery is worth it. If you're on the fence about buying one, jump off and get one.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:56 PM
Drifting

Hopefully this will help some of you

my Remote start didnt work. It said the window was open, of course it wasnt.

Liz, the great tech lady at Park Place LR in Dallas helped me fix it.
The windows needed to be “calibrated” supposedly.

Put each window all the way down. Then put it up by holding the window control up and when it gets to the top hold the button up for ten seconds. If you do this for each window it clears the window open error. My car starts remotely now.

Of course one would ask why dont they do this before ir leaves the factory but of course we would never get an answer.

Also I learned if you go into the Nav and change the voice to British you lose the audio guidance. For the auidio guidance to work the voice and keyboard settings need to both be either UK or US. Try and figure that one out!

Old 06-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Still having InControl Pro issues with my 2017 Discovery HSE LUX. I've taken it to my dealership 6 times now and they are now having to replace the 'module' that controls everything. Sometimes the screen comes on, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I get a connection on my phone THEN I would lose connection to the InControl system. But when I picked up the vehicle after its 5th repair, I got home, my Disco automatically connected to my home wifi and started to download the third party 'Live' App and it reverted back to all the issues I had before. Apparently the 'Live' App blows the firmware back down a version or two. Its a total mess. I'm serious thinking of just returning the vehicle and get something else. Something that actually works. Anyone else having issues with their InControl system in their Disco?

Old 06-11-2018, 03:04 PM
4wd Low

I've had issues with my screen freezing as I'm backing up. I took the car in several times for this problem. Apparently Land Rover is aware of this issue but no proper fix has been released. Have the dealer wipe and reload the latest update. I would tell you how it's going with the new update but my car has been stuck at the dealer for the past 3 weeks for another problem.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:07 AM
Drifting

My issues have for the most part disappeared, since the last update of the software at the dealer. If you have not received this update I would encourage you to get it.

Quick Reply: Incontrol Touch pro Issues