New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

InControl Updates Failing

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 07:31 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Well, and perhaps the complete battery disconnect per our problem with the ground wire did it too? That might well do a hard reset. Just not sure if they did the update first or last?

Old 04-26-2020, 02:38 PM
Mudding
Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Jeesh. I just checked my new D5 that was built March 5th, 2020, and they loaded 19A on it. Check for updates and it says there are no update available, too; (even when I connected it to WiFi.) I presume it can do SOTA updates without a SIM card, correct?

Last edited by AirRyan; 04-27-2020 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:56 AM
Mudding

Got 19C pushed to my vehicle by a member of a Discovery FB group page. 20A is apparently still on hold as of now.

Old 05-16-2020, 09:01 AM
Mudding
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default I had same issue

I had the same issue. I was pulling my hair out going through the same repetitive process you described with no results. I took it to dealer who told me that the update (can’t remember the #) was only for the Discovery Sport or some other model, but not the D5. That’s why it won’t load. I find that to be a weird answer if true. Anyway, I have up and will let the dealer do the updates at annual service. Btw, what is the “Topix” you mentioned in original post?

Old 05-16-2020, 12:10 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by longtrip68
I had the same issue. I was pulling my hair out going through the same repetitive process you described with no results. I took it to dealer who told me that the update (can’t remember the #) was only for the Discovery Sport or some other model, but not the D5. That’s why it won’t load. I find that to be a weird answer if true. Anyway, I have up and will let the dealer do the updates at annual service. Btw, what is the “Topix” you mentioned in original post?
Topix is a dealer/service database for JLR vehicles. Some dealers need a gentle nudge to enable OTA updates on your VIN in Topix. With my MY2017 last year, they kept insisting it needed to come in first before doing so, but they had already installed an OTA enabled version of InControl in a past visit, they just needed to turn it on in Topix.

Another note, for some reason some pieces in OTA updates will not complete unless the vehicle sits overnight with the doors *locked*.

It's a shame that they can't (won't?) enable OTA map updates, just make them wi-fi only or something.

The following users liked this post:
bitsy (03-08-2024)
Old 05-16-2020, 12:50 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by longtrip68
Topix is a dealer/service database for JLR vehicles. Some dealers need a gentle nudge to enable OTA updates on your VIN in Topix. With my MY2017 last year, they kept insisting it needed to come in first before doing so, but they had already installed an OTA enabled version of InControl in a past visit, they just needed to turn it on in Topix.

Another note, for some reason some pieces in OTA updates will not complete unless the vehicle sits overnight with the doors *locked*.

It's a shame that they can't (won't?) enable OTA map updates, yeah they're huge, just make them wi-fi only or something.

(sorry for the double post )

Last edited by eelpout; 05-18-2020 at 02:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bitsy (03-08-2024)
Old 05-18-2020, 05:35 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with my D5 19plate - Seems that the dealership need to update a database with the VIN to get things moving. Since that happened all been fine. In fact only the other day mine upgraded to 20c without issue.

Old 05-27-2020, 02:17 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tony_bd23
I had the same problem with my D5 19plate - Seems that the dealership need to update a database with the VIN to get things moving. Since that happened all been fine. In fact only the other day mine upgraded to 20c without issue.
Didn't that 20C is already out. I finally downloaded the 20A (S20A_20.07.5-507626) version which was just released.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:35 PM
Mudding

Got 20A pushed to my vehicle the other day, and downloaded and installed it this morning.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:06 AM
Mudding
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

20A was successfully installed last week. Have had it with no issues.

Today, I am getting a data useage overage message - says to put more data on my plan.
This problem is:
1) I have the unlimited plan
2) Plan was auto-renewed on May 28th
3) Logged in and current useage is well less than 1 GB

Anyone experience this? Does this have anything to do with the system update?

Quick Reply: InControl Updates Failing