Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this normal for the td6?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 08:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Is this normal for the td6?

She finally came in and I noticed this digging through the menus. Is this normal?

Old 09-29-2018, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

I want to say it has to be off

Old 09-29-2018, 08:34 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
I want to say it has to be off
you were correct, which it was, but I found out it has to be off for 10min. So I got the quantity to show full and it says ok but under the other menu it still shows service needed 0 miles.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:40 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It should give you a mile count until service is due. I'd bring it in to have them reset it, but Disco is generally finicky about showing the details until it decides it wants to.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:43 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by SoCalWiley
It should give you a mile count until service is due. I'd bring it in to have them reset it, but Disco is generally finicky about showing the details until it decides it wants to.
I’ve contacted the dealer. There’s also a small ding in the left back door, scuffed plastic, and a missing tow hitch plug that none of the pictures showed. Nothing too crazy and hoping the plastic can be treated. Overall still very very clean but given my already poor dealership experience I think they just used older photos. I had asked if there was any damage and they said there was none so not sure what I can do about it.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:33 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck
I had asked if there was any damage and they said there was none so not sure what I can do about it.
The hitch cover is just a rubber cover, nothing fancy. I wouldn't bother arguing the cover but I would argue them on the door ding if it wasn't disclosed. They usually have a body shop they use for shipping dings on new stock that can handle most touch-ups.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:04 PM
Mudding
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Not sure in reality it is a big deal but in my own reality I would notice that bumper every time I drove the car and it would bother me like a rattle.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:52 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by SoCalWiley
The hitch cover is just a rubber cover, nothing fancy. I wouldn't bother arguing the cover but I would argue them on the door ding if it wasn't disclosed. They usually have a body shop they use for shipping dings on new stock that can handle most touch-ups.
I agree but if it was sitting on the lot where would the plug have gone? I was using it as reference as it was in every picture of the area which made me think they used older photos.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:53 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Hayseed_D5
Not sure in reality it is a big deal but in my own reality I would notice that bumper every time I drove the car and it would bother me like a rattle.
agreed. Same. Maybe I can use maguires or something on it but my point is the dealer didn’t disclose and the pictures didn’t show it.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

They do not come with plugs from the factory. Suggest buying from Land Rover Rocklin in CA. Buy all the LR aftermarket stuff at once and save on shipping. Items are readily in stock and discounted below traditional dealer prices. Pedal covers, trailer plug, etc. I have been super happy with their service.

Quick Reply: Is this normal for the td6?