New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Our Disco was delivered today! And here are the issues...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 03:09 AM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Our Disco was delivered today! And here are the issues...

We ordered our Demo Disco from a dealership out East and it was delivered today. Aside from a few scratches on the rear hatch (it was a loaner at that dealership) everything is good so far except....the electronic telescoping steering wheel doesn't work at all AND the sunroof shades open automatically when starting it up. There is probably an easy fix for the sunroof issue, but has anyone else had the steering wheel telescoping issue? I have already set up a service appointment but there isn't anything available until next Saturday. Happy to say CarPlay works and the GUI is very responsive in my opinion (they updated the software at my request before shipping).

Old 10-25-2018, 08:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

The sunshade opens automatically if you last left it open after turning off the vehicle. Close the vehicle sunshade before turning it off and it will stay closed on the next restart. In my experience it does this to protect the interior from getting too hot when parked outside. Not a glitch - just taking care of you and your interior.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:35 AM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 18 Disco
The sunshade opens automatically if you last left it open after turning off the vehicle. Close the vehicle sunshade before turning it off and it will stay closed on the next restart. In my experience it does this to protect the interior from getting too hot when parked outside. Not a glitch - just taking care of you and your interior.
I close the sunshade when we are in the vehicle, once I start it up, both of them open up. This happens every time. I get in, they open, I close them and drive, then shut off and come back later, start up and they both open.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

What’s the software of the infotainment? If it’s not 18c you need to get it updated. 18c has the Apple CarPlay

Old 10-25-2018, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,590 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Sounds like a software issue on the sunscreens.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:26 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe through the driver interface there’s a way to disable the “auto sunroof”.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:07 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Hmm..

Originally Posted by matthewjlove
I believe through the driver interface there’s a way to disable the “auto sunroof”.
I must be missing something...I have not seen an area on my system for a lot of these interfaces for auto sunroof or for many of the other things I have seen mentioned.
I would think I would have it all on an 18 Lux...
Can someone take a screenshot and post it for me?
My dealer claimed all the updates were done before I picked it up last week...

Old 10-25-2018, 06:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

If you feel like looking I'd suggest the owner's manual for fuse locations and see if there's one for the telescoping steering wheel. Then pull that fuse and see if it's good.

Old 10-25-2018, 06:09 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by matthewjlove
Yup, there’s an option for the sunroof shade to auto open.

Old 10-25-2018, 06:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 160 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by The DareDevil
Yup, there’s an option for the sunroof shade to auto open.
Where is that option? I haven't seen it. In the menus on the dash controlled by the steering wheel controls, or in the infotainment settings?

Mine operates as described above - if open while driving they auto close when the car is turned off and auto open again on restarting. I'd prefer they just stay where I put them!

Quick Reply: Our Disco was delivered today! And here are the issues...