Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Climate on Start up

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 10:50 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Climate on Start up

Recently jumped into a 19 Disovery HSE LUX and cant figure out how to disable the rear climate during start up. Everytime I start up the car the rear climate starts at full blast and I have to manually turn it off or lower it.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hmm. I have a 19 Lux and don't think mine does this. It DOES do rear AC if I use the app to remote start. Are you using that by chance?

Old 07-19-2019, 10:59 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Not noticed it with mine. I typically use the screen to turn the rear on/off. The kids use the controls in the back, and the only times it came on was when they turned in on and left it on after turning the Disco off. I have 4 zone AC though, not sure it makes a difference. I also don't use the AUTO function for AC, I have found that it can start the system at full force when turning on before settling down.

Old 07-19-2019, 03:42 PM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine does as well. I found that if you set the temp dial on your front AC system to anything other than "Low"... Like 59 degrees or higher, the rear AC ramps back down quickly and doesn't run the fan up to "HI". I have not found a way to completely turn it off for start up but this helps. However the last week here in FL the heat index has been about 105, so I've just been putting up with it to cool the truck down faster.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:26 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by David Hirshberg
Mine does as well. I found that if you set the temp dial on your front AC system to anything other than "Low"... Like 59 degrees or higher, the rear AC ramps back down quickly and doesn't run the fan up to "HI". I have not found a way to completely turn it off for start up but this helps. However the last week here in FL the heat index has been about 105, so I've just been putting up with it to cool the truck down faster.

That's exactly what I ended up figuring out as well. It works for now I guess.

Old 07-21-2019, 11:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

I saw this on a Facebook group.
See if you can find : Settings - features - climate
Then set it on this screen. When you turn the temp to LO it probably kicks to Auto mode.

Old 09-15-2020, 03:23 PM
4wd Low

I just purchased a new 2020 Disco V and am struggling to turn OFF rear climate using the touchscreen. I see that I can control the temperature, but not fully turn the system off. Any help appreciated!

Old 09-15-2020, 09:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

At least on my 2018 If you get the rear climate control screen up on the touch screen. Then press on the person icon at the left on their feet to turn on/off footwell air or their face to turn in/off the vents
Not sure why you would want to turn it off separately as it's a more even air distribution with them all on and in auto mode

The following users liked this post:
Groucho123 (09-19-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 09:58 PM
4wd Low

Thanks... I just want to be able to turn off the rear AC when I have no passengers in the rear. It seems that when I touch both the feet and face as you mention above, the default "AUTO" activates. In my old LR4 I usually left the rear AC off to save fuel unless I had passengers in the 2nd/3rd rows

Old 09-16-2020, 07:56 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by David Hirshberg

My wife complains if I ser it to "low" brcause of this lol... she keeps it at 59 or whatever 1 degree above low is

Quick Reply: Rear Climate on Start up