Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Mode?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 07:56 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Sport Mode?

I've driven in sport mode and the shift point changes are noticeable. Has anyone noticed a change or see LR documentation of a change in suspension settings when driving in sport mode?

Old 11-20-2018, 08:02 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The manual only mentions shift points, no suspension or throttle changes.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:21 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by The DareDevil
The manual only mentions shift points, no suspension or throttle changes.
My SA explicitly said it was transmission only when I asked him, no suspension or throttle. I always take stuff like that with a grain of salt, though it jives with how it feels, and, he seems to have been a very knowledgeable SA.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:47 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree. I haven't noticed any difference in the throttle sensitivity or in the suspension feel while in sport. Also, it really only seems to affect the upshift RPM points, because it doesn't seem to change the way it downshifts while slowing or while giving heavy throttle for downshifts.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:49 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting... I just had a Jag E Pace as a loaner from the dealer and played with the driving modes and their was a distinct difference when changing driving modes. However, in the year I had my Disco I have noticed not one minor difference in changing it to "S" besides even worse gas mileage.

Old 11-23-2018, 10:19 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PurpleRain
I agree. I haven't noticed any difference in the throttle sensitivity or in the suspension feel while in sport. Also, it really only seems to affect the upshift RPM points, because it doesn't seem to change the way it downshifts while slowing or while giving heavy throttle for downshifts.
In most of my other vehicles I had a "trailer mode" which acts the same as our Sport mode. I use it when going down a big hill to save the brakes and it definitely downshifts as acts as a "brake" when downshifting.....I have tried it both ways on the same hill so I know...at least in mine that it does assist in slowing down.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

In sport mode, if you use the paddles, it will stay in manual mode. In drive mode, it will revert back to drive if you don’t continue to shift with the paddles.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stupid question: How do you put the Disco in sport mode?

Old 12-06-2018, 03:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zags
Stupid question: How do you put the Disco in sport mode?
When on "D", push gear-**** down and turn to "S" - part of the basic knowledge on how to operate your vehicle....

Old 12-06-2018, 03:49 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The DareDevil
In sport mode, if you use the paddles, it will stay in manual mode. In drive mode, it will revert back to drive if you don’t continue to shift with the paddles.
You can also pull and hold the "+" paddle for a second or two to return to auto in "S".

Quick Reply: Sport Mode?