Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would I be able to tow

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 12:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts
Default What would I be able to tow

How much could I tow as a gvwr I made a forum earlier about this @SeattleTD6 I want to know how it handled during your amazing towing trip with that huge trailer

Old 02-04-2022, 12:46 AM
Drifting
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LR disco 5
How much could I tow as a gvwr I made a forum earlier about this @SeattleTD6 I want to know how it handled during your amazing towing trip with that huge trailer
Our set-up is around 7,000lbs +/- depending on how much extra “stuff” the wife brings along, Well within the car and my comfort zone. The Disco really is remarkable. I have been towing for over 15 years in all sorts of SUV’s and the best compliment I can pay the Disco is the entire experience is relaxed. Cayennes/Touregs/X5 are all awesome and highly capable tow rigs as well but I always felt like I was on high alert and needed to think ahead in every scenario. We have lots of miles towing our travel trailer and the Disco has proven to be economical, stable, and comfortable. TD6 has been an amazing part of the experience. I really couldn’t ask for anything more.

I don’t recall what the GVWR is off the top of my head but most of the measurable’s on the Disco allow you to tow 7-8k comfortably. Payload, Rear Axle Weight Rating, Tongue Weight, etc. are all some of the best in the industry.

I don’t know how much experience you have towing so take the above into account. Obviously, if you haven’t towed before I wouldn’t recommend hooking up a 30+ft - 7k+ lb trailer and giving it a go. Like everything in life start small until you have the necessary skills to advance.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:35 AM
Rock Crawling

I've towed many thing under 20ft now I'm stepping up to a 21 or 25ft for bunks

Old 02-04-2022, 10:30 AM
Drifting

Awesome. You will be fine then. Trust the Disco and make great memories with your family!

Old 02-04-2022, 11:41 AM
Rock Crawling

how much less should I tow if I take 7 people

Old 02-04-2022, 02:08 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Gcvwr

how much less should I tow if I take 7 people
I would recommend subtracting the weight from the payload capacity. I always recommend going to a CAT scale to ensure you are within the specs of the vehicle load rating. Make sure you are not overloading the rear axle. They have a 4189lbs rear axle load rating. That would be the best way to make sure you are properly loaded and set up.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:35 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by jaacina
I would recommend subtracting the weight from the payload capacity. I always recommend going to a CAT scale to ensure you are within the specs of the vehicle load rating. Make sure you are not overloading the rear axle. They have a 4189lbs rear axle load rating. That would be the best way to make sure you are properly loaded and set up.
I agree 100%. The only way to know definitively.

Old 02-05-2022, 08:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

You could tow my 2002 Tacoma AND my 3-series John Deere utility tractor . . . just sayin

Old 02-11-2022, 10:27 PM
Mudding
Received 310 Likes on 90 Posts

Our large platform vehicles (RR, RRS, Discovery, Defender) will have no problem pulling 8,000 pounds. However, absolutely need trailer brakes at 5K+ plus.

If you're going to be on a flat stretch and avoiding large mountains and hills you can get away with 4,500 pounds without trailer brakes if you take it easy. However, you should know what you're doing and give yourself lots of braking space.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:02 AM
Rock Crawling

Yea I got a brake controller recently and it'll be a few slight inclines

Quick Reply: What would I be able to tow