New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you happy with your disco?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 08:00 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My Disco V has been at the dealership since 5/11. Still waiting for replacement transmission ...

Old 06-22-2018, 05:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Intentionally sent my wife to the dealership today instead of me to look at a used LR4. I travel non stop and had no desire to add this to my to do list today when I arrived home from another long week of travel... What I didn't plan on was my wife showing more interest in the new Discovery. I'm game for it if she is happy, but I'm very concerned about the issues that seem to be happening. Am I paranoid, or realistic?

Old 06-22-2018, 08:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

I'd say you are OK to be nervous a bit but I wouldn't be concerned. I always think that all the happy people who 100% love their Rovers are out driving them and not posting about it. If one is having problems people will post a lot about it and while I have seen a few issues and complaints there aren't really that many for a brand new design. Rover reliability has been really improving. I have owned four and other than a couple simple things they have all been great. I took a break from Rovers around 2013 and got a Overland Summit G. Cherokee and it needed Trans, front driveshafts, radiator, water pump, adaptive cruise 2X, and a motor mount all within 20K of ownership. I'm glad I'm back to Rover.

Adam

Old 06-27-2018, 09:15 AM
Drifting

Just got mine back from the transmission swap. I guess my transmission was built between shifts after the team had a few shots at the local pub in South Carolina. (Discovery transmission is Made in USA)

In my opinion, the HSE trim gets you lots of value/features compared to the German offerings. The Discovery interior resembles the 3 year old Range Rover Sport before they received the Dual Screen control panels. It benefited from the aluminum architecture trickled down from the Range Rover development. So technically speaking the tech in the car should be well sorted with exception of the fancy electric rear seats in the HSE Lux trim and the InControl Pro Navi system which MY2018+ gets 4G LTE support.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:34 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by instantfob
Just got mine back from the transmission swap. I guess my transmission was built between shifts after the team had a few shots at the local pub in South Carolina. (Discovery transmission is Made in USA)

In my opinion, the HSE trim gets you lots of value/features compared to the German offerings. The Discovery interior resembles the 3 year old Range Rover Sport before they received the Dual Screen control panels. It benefited from the aluminum architecture trickled down from the Range Rover development. So technically speaking the tech in the car should be well sorted with exception of the fancy electric rear seats in the HSE Lux trim and the InControl Pro Navi system which MY2018+ gets 4G LTE support.
The 2018 HSE that we drove had the electronic seats for 2nd and 3rd row. While fun to watch, it sure seemed like it took a while to operate. Given my wife is going to use this for carpool duty on a daily basis, I'm not sure this will be the best route to go. As much as it pains to think about buying something other than a Land Rover, I'm now looking at new Expeditions with the second row captains chairs. I'm not a fan of the Tahoe/Yukon.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:43 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
The 2018 HSE that we drove had the electronic seats for 2nd and 3rd row. While fun to watch, it sure seemed like it took a while to operate. Given my wife is going to use this for carpool duty on a daily basis, I'm not sure this will be the best route to go. As much as it pains to think about buying something other than a Land Rover, I'm now looking at new Expeditions with the second row captains chairs. I'm not a fan of the Tahoe/Yukon.
New Expeditions are selling like hotcakes because the limo companies are using them as "Towncars"
If the electronic seats bothers you, then get the manual operated versions. It's quick and easy.

Old 06-29-2018, 12:30 AM
Three Wheeling

Hey just wondering, on you guys that have the tow pack, how much was yours? Mine lists LD06 Tow Pack $1,399. I don't see that option costing that much on build a rover and can't find out why mine is? Any of you know? Is your Tow Pack the same part number? Appreciate all the help!

Adam

Old 06-29-2018, 06:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Adam,

Mine came in at that price too. Don’t have the sticker here to check the details for you. But I did pay that.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:01 PM
Three Wheeling

NYMike, are most the ones you looked at have that price for the Towing option? I was nearly certain it was around ~$700 on the build a rover webpage?

thanks for the reply sir!

Adam

Old 06-29-2018, 11:06 PM
Three Wheeling

And to be back on Topic.. Everyday the D-V grows on me more and more! It's a tough transition from a LR4 but man are these things nice.. And the cooled seats! Woo, I dunno if you've seen Arkansas weather lately but it's HOT! Loving mine more and more each day, looking forward to giving it a real test off-road soon!
Rods w/275/55 Falken AT3w

Quick Reply: Are you happy with your disco?