New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

1993 RR County LWB going, going...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 11:00 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 RR County LWB going, going...

Well, after 25 years I have decided the time has come to part with my '93 RR Classic LWB. The tinworm has gotten too firm a hold, and although she still runs well (I put in a 4.6 Coscast short block from AB about 3 years ago), I no longer have the time to deal with the rust problems on the underbody. It's a shame because the interior is still very nice and clean -- the back seat was hardly ever used, the door trim and seats are very good, etc. A lot of new mechanical parts have been fitted during the past 2 years, too: rear final drive, viscous coupling in the transfer case, 1 front CV joint (the other is still in the box), speedo cable, alternator....

I have offered it for sale, for parts or restoration, at $2500 Cdn but the underbody rust (particularly the sills) quite rightly means a lot of time and $$ would be needed for a buyer to get it through the Ontario safety certification. I have received a number of enquiries but the extent of the rust puts buyers off and I can't blame them. It would need a real enthusiast with time and facilities to do a proper restoration.

If I get no takers, my options are to junk it or take out the engine and junk the rest. I wouldn't mind keeping the engine, as I could use it in my 1970 P6B, but right now I don't have the time to take it out, and winter's coming.

The car is located north of Toronto in Aurora, Ontario.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!