New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Abs last resort

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 04:30 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Abs freelander 3 amegos

I have spent a fortune on the 3 amegos diagnostic checks .i have replaced the abs pump 2 front wheel censors .before I replaced the abs pump I was getting kick back at very low speeds on the brake pedal.all that has gone now since replacing the pump but the lights come on intermitantly .the brakes work perfectly.so When landrover dealers said it would cost more to fix than what I paid for the td4.for the sake of 3 lights .i decided to modify things a bit .all the mot guy wants to see is a abs light come on for 3 seconds and go out.well I thought how hard can that be.so I bought a electronics starter kit for £15 and with a little help from YouTube I created it.which is a lot cheaper than landrover dealers. But I do stress this is the last resort.you must try to resolve the problem first because abs does what it says .anyhow if you want to know how it's done you can build this with a 555 timer go on YouTube 2nd half of video( beginner 555 ic tutorial).once you have made the breadboard curcuit,you will need a relay for it to work but you don't need the switch the curcuit board only works on a 9v battery.you need to drill a hole where the abs light is and put your led light in and blanck off the abs light with duck tape then connect the live wire that will switch off on key,there is a wire loom at the back of the clocks.test any of the pins on the plug connector to find which wire will do this.splice the wire and solder yours to it and put a in line 3amp fuse then the other wire needs to be earthed. Hope the helps anyone who has had the same problem.dont forget to tell future owners of the modifications what has been done.

Last edited by Lozzzz; 03-11-2014 at 11:18 AM.