New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

back to RR and landies

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:02 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face back to RR and landies

Well having owned and enjoyed three RR classics two of which became write offs in non fault crashes the other guys insurance paid out, the third was sold when my pockets started to become a bit on the empty side I moved to a Vauxhall Monterey, I am now wanting that old magic again. I have seen an N registration TDi Discovery for sale for £1000, but not knowing anything about the LR diesel engine, all the RR being V8 petrol lumps, i thought it was a good idea to see what people have to say about this car. It looks to be in good condition apart from a small area of varnish/paint peeling on the bonnet and some split rubber round the rear drivers side cargo area large window, so what do people think about this car and what would you advise to be aware off when taking it for a test drive. Not sure if the car is a 300 or 200 as it has no markings on the back apart from the TDi. Cheers in advance folks