New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Beginning my journey

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 09:33 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginning my journey

I just purchased a 2008 LR3 HSE

I have a vehicle ownership sickness. I need to thoroughly be all or nothing into a car. I have always really enjoyed enjoying my vehicle. I do not have deep pockets but I do my best to get the best thing for what I can afford. I can not stand seeing the car I am driving next to me at a stoplight. This usually leads me to buying extended warranties on older models.
8 years ago I bought my dream car. It is a slightly modified 92 VW Corrado vr6. It has never really left my garage. I always made excuses to not get it fixed (kid, $, work etc) since then I keep getting more vehicles Tundra work truck, VW GLI and a really cool SAAB 9-7x aero (rare SUV with a corvette engine basically) Well.... The warranty ran out on both, and I really want to get my old carrado on the road. So that began the search about 2 months ago. We were getting rid of the GLI and the SAAB and getting something new. I had wide open choices. It needed to be AWD and have leather. We set our sights high at first. We had 2 payments we were getting rid of. We were looking for a mid size luxury sedan all the way to full size older suv's. I drove a Disco II a little over a month ago and became heavily obsessed. It was the first time I got the feeling. I researched a lot. Found out how to repair the 3 amigo's and a lot of other problems. The disco was gone in a day but that didn't stop me. There was no other feeling I got in that Disco. Unfortunately my searching was filled with shady dealers selling ruined Land Rovers. I was excited about how much I would be saving a month and how much fun I was going to have exploring off road and in the snow. I have a 5 year old and I have very adventurous friends. I started looking at LR3's and researching them because I couldn't make someone sell a disco with low miles. In my searching I found that the LR3's were a entirely different Land Rover that just slightly resembled a disco. There were more LR3's available so I decided to test drive one. I loved it too (honestly I did get a slightly bigger smile driving the older disco) Same problem, most have around 2 really good owners then someone refuses to take care of it and it ends up at a really bad dealership with erased codes and ignored problems. I searched hourly, contemplated getting a ruined one that had been neglected and bringing it back to life. Luckily our St. Louis Land Rover Dealer posted a certified 2008 HSE late Sat night. We were waiting when they opened Monday morning and drove it home. We were very excited to still be able to get a 3 36,000 warranty.

It's been only 3 days but I get more and more excited every time I see it. The in dash CD player is glitchy, my front fog lights are not turning on, the tint is wayyyy to dark for me to see well at low light and the adjusting side mirrors in reverse needs to be shut off. But none of that matters. This is already one of my favorite vehicles to own. I also have a small 2 person off road buggy and we are thinking of purchasing some property. This thing will be used and I can't wait.

It's been 3 days now and I couldn't be more excited
Name:  D1400A05-D08D-4D01-9BA9-8CBB523BE2D2.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  89.4 KB

Name:  C01EADEA-F2B4-48DA-B167-498FD87B95CE.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  146.0 KB